opinions on this song please?

man sounds pretty darn good from here....i like the cymbal stuff...bring up the vocals....ok ....and bring the drums down a touch ..during the verse...i want to hear her more..lol.but like the drum pattern...alot actually.
man i can hear there is alot of stuff goin on...piano....is that strings?..too...but its all right on top of each other....

others will be more specific..

nice song at any rate

jamal

Nice driving piece, but alot of your instruments melded in the mix....the piano stepped all over the vocals quite a bit...same with electric guitar....the drums needed some low end for the kick (if there was any)....cymbls seemed too faint/distant ....the toms were a little too prevelant.....keep playing with it.

Just a few suggestions.....should mostly be stuff that can be fixed in the mix.

overall good original tune...just needs more tweakin

very nice for a first. interesting piece played. Vocals a little louder, drums up, a little less effects maybe. You got a good thing going.

...It's the mix.

I agree about the mix here... the mix is where the song lacks...
everything kinda "steps" on each other as Hogans mentioned..
As I'm listening to it, I want to hear the vox centered in the mix..
otherwise I think they won't cut through enough... they just kinda get.."mixed in" IMO..

The drums ARE awesome but again.. I must concur with the others... they need more low end.. is there a kick?..
the mix is simply HUGE.. Now... you are going to have to create the sonic "space"
for all of these sounds to work together without sounding like confused noise... that's a challenge... and youve almost got it.

The strings aren't ALWAYS in sync with the drums... and i also hear the elec. guitar being VERY slightly off..
It's nitpicky BUT when you have this many sources being played back together
then a slight Off-set can REALLY make the mix sound like confused noise...

...an overall AWESOME composition.. I don't know that I'd start the song off
the way you did with the piano comming in AFTER the down beat....
But for your first submission you killed me.

All of this is DEFINITELY only my opinion and I realize that I have yet to really make a name for myself here.. BUT I do think that I have a good conceptual grasp on the way a mix should sound...
This song is ALMOST there.. the tracks are there to work with (with the exception of the timing thing)
and the sonic "holes" just need to be made and filled so the parts are constructive towards eachother.
Don't fill it up too much ... fade things in more in parts of the song and out in others..
It also helps in production to do this because it can give the song a sense of direction more intimately...
.. kinda like different verses and the chorus.. only more intimate...

Ok, now.. I'll take a breath and digest more clinic music.. Way to go man!

yeah the levels are off the chain, but there's a good song in there somewhere..

louder vocals, more bass drum, less toms..

interesting tune.. I liked it..

Nice mix! :)
It's waaaaay better then my first recording :)
Anyway, the only thing that disturbs me (don't mind my opinion, i'm a newb;)) is that the toms are a bit too loud, maybe vox i dunno, ask a pro :D
Bya

Most certainly interesting. The piano and other keyboards sounded nice. Some cool panning going on.

The drums, particularly the toms, are a bit too loud and are clipping. They're dominating the mix - especially the vocals. Bring down the toms (they're well played by the way), but they're killing the rest of the mix.

There's an odd sound and a few extra seconds of silence at the very end that you may want to get rid of.

A good first recording. Keep posting.

Yeah... I like it.
Did you mix this yourself or did you have someone else do it. It deffinatly sounds like youve done this before. good job though. Theyre right about the kick drum. where is it? Maybe try simplifying the mix a little...thats all I can think of

I like it. Interesting listen.

Vocals up, drums back a little, but you've heard that already :D

Nice job

Thanks everyone

Hey Everybody!

Thanks alot for all the advice! To answer BeezleBubbas question... I used Digidesign Protools with an Mbox on a windows system. The piano, strings, and pizzicato strings were all done on my trusty Casio Wk1630 keyboard (pretty low end but alot to offer for $400!)... The two guitar tracks were done with my Peavey Raptor guitar ($65 at a pawn shop... it does go out of tune quite a bit but such a thin neck makes me love Peavey guitars.) My girlfriend, Aurora, wrote the lyrics and sang the harmonizing vocal tracks. And the drums were done by a buddie of mine who is pretty professional at the instrument. The drums and vocals were recorded with a Digi001 system at my buddies house (MartyMcFly) and he helped out (a lot) with the mix of it.

Once again, thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Scott

Back