New song; If I can seize the day

Hi

I was listening your song; or my ears are fooling me , or ...is very well mixed!(wait for other opinions...)
Honestly, no "visible" issues with bass/ mid / hi frequencies.

My "no" "cup of tea" (as the buddies says on USA, or I don´t know where):D is the synth at 02:05 ,is ..."Toooooooo loud".Congrats for the mix.

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/openstation

Hi CIRO

Thanks for the feedback. I was not sure about that synth sound at the beginning but now I guess I got use to it. On my monitors, the level seems to be o.k. but I will double check.

/Jack Real

Hi CIRO

Thanks for the feedback. I was not sure about that synth sound at the beginning but now I guess I got use to it. On my monitors, the level seems to be o.k. but I will double check.

/Jack Real

Jack, "too loud" synth (solo) I am talking about is at 02:05 minutes, not beggining.

Ciro

Enjoyed the song, Jacques.

Overall the mix balance sounds good to me.

During the chorus the vocal is a little pitchy at times but nothing that's a big deal.

Sounding pretty good man....my only nit would be the louder cymbal...it could come down a hair to give the rest of the music some more space during those parts. Other than that, I find nothing that really stands out as needing more work. I like it man......:D

Ciro wrote:

Jack, "too loud" synth (solo) I am talking about is at 02:05 minutes, not beggining.

Ciro

Ans: That was my understanding, sorry for the bad wording of my previous answer.

XLR wrote:

Enjoyed the song, Jacques.

Overall the mix balance sounds good to me.

During the chorus the vocal is a little pitchy at times but nothing that's a big deal.

Ans: Thanks for the feedback XLR. I also hear issues on the backing. I will check that.

Antichef wrote:

I like the song - good mix on my substandard monitors. I don't think the synth is too loud

ans: Thanks for the comments antichef.

Dogman wrote:

Sounding pretty good man....my only nit would be the louder cymbal...it could come down a hair to give the rest of the music some more space during those parts. Other than that, I find nothing that really stands out as needing more work. I like it man......:D

Ans: Thanks for the feedback Dogman. I will lower the cymbal to see how it sounds.

Thanks everybody for listening and commenting.

/Jack Real

Everything sounds really good.
My only critique is on the following:
- Vocals and kick drum sound too "studio edited", give us some more "open space" and drys.
- The cymbal being played through out the song is LOUD, turn in down a few dB's.
- and the synth at 2:05 :D

sounds good

sounds like a good mix....my only nit, i can't actually seize the day?

so in that respect i guess everyhting is ok.

also i think the only improvment to the sound would be if it was all recorded in a "Pot Dealers" friends lounge room, and it was 1965, probably say april or early june.

right now it sounds like late spetember or maybe even november of 2001.

just my opinion.

Hi

Grape wrote:

Everything sounds really good.
My only critique is on the following:
- Vocals and kick drum sound too "studio edited", give us some more "open space" and drys.
- The cymbal being played through out the song is LOUD, turn in down a few dB's.
- and the synth at 2:05 :D

Ans: For the kick, I only add some ambiance reverb so I can reduce it. For the vocals, I did apply the standard soft knee compression at the mix. I can increase the threshold to reduce the effect and see what it does. I will do a new mix with lower volume for the cymbal and synth at 2:05. It should be out next week.

theblackBay wrote:

sounds like a good mix....my only nit, i can't actually seize the day?

so in that respect i guess everyhting is ok.

also i think the only improvment to the sound would be if it was all recorded in a "Pot Dealers" friends lounge room, and it was 1965, probably say april or early june.

right now it sounds like late spetember or maybe even november of 2001.

just my opinion

just expaning on what grape said.

Ans: Thanks for listening and the comment.

/Jack Real

I don't really have much experiance myself, but I think the drum levels in your old mix in your verses are better set, seems to be fighting a bit in the chorus of your old mix though. That's all I can hear, the drums in the new mix just seem a little tame to me. And the drums are the things that are really driving the song forward. Hope I'm not just talking crap :p

I don't really have much experiance myself, but I think the drum levels in your old mix in your verses are better set, seems to be fighting a bit in the chorus of your old mix though. That's all I can hear, the drums in the new mix just seem a little tame to me. And the drums are the things that are really driving the song forward. Hope I'm not just talking crap :p

Hi Brian

Thanks for listening and your comments. I only changed the level of the cymbal/ryde so the level of the drum should be the same. It's probably a perception.

Thanks again,

Jack Real

Back