My album is complete (Listen and critique) Manburger - Beef Beyond Belief

strat0tele

The album was recording by myself in my bedroom studio. I suck at singing but I just wanted to do this so I can look back when I'm 40 and laugh at how retarded to make this.

www.manburger.net/music.php

download entire thing or listen to parts.

Best songs IMO

Droopy Face
Teen Angst Part II
Badminton

Critique as you please

captain beefheart beyond belief :) troutmask replica revisited?, and that's a compliment!

You've put down some serious effort in this: respect! The style is not my bag (if the title track and droopy face are anything to go by out of the 17 tracks!), but i do appreciate all the action going on everywhere, a lot of noise happening, and it still doesn't all drown....

madmush said:
captain beefheart beyond belief :) troutmask replica revisited?, and that's a compliment!

You've put down some serious effort in this: respect! The style is not my bag (if the title track and droopy face are anything to go by out of the 17 tracks!), but i do appreciate all the action going on everywhere, a lot of noise happening, and it still doesn't all drown....

Thanks for the compliments....I think? hah thanks for listening.

Bookmarked.I

Love it. I'm a big Ween fan - I've tried stuff like this too but it's always too contrived. You sound like you're having a lot of fun - I did too listening to your songs.

He he he.

Supercreep said:
Bookmarked.I

Love it. I'm a big Ween fan - I've tried stuff like this too but it's always too contrived. You sound like you're having a lot of fun - I did too listening to your songs.

He he he.

A few of the songs i don't think are too good and are very repetitive I think but I just wanted to get it done with.

Thanks for your comment!

Rightfully bumped, thats some cool stuff. Very creative. I like your harmonies! Only the tunes have a very original sound to them. Stick with it, you'll be on top two generations for now when ppl loosin' up.
Recording it pretty good and balanced too.

17 tracks for an album is alot. Not that im saying thats bad though.
Mixes aint the best, remind me of Chili peppers mixed with James Brown..!!?
Dont release it. Please.
This is a joke isnt it?

ecktronic said:
17 tracks for an album is alot. Not that im saying thats bad though.
Mixes aint the best, remind me of Chili peppers mixed with James Brown..!!?
Dont release it. Please.
This is a joke isnt it?

It has been released. This is no joke. I assume you listened to only the first song, which is the one where I try to imitate funk. 17 tracks and a bunch of them are under 2 minutes.

Good luck with it Strat0tele, sorry if I seemed a bit harsh, i think i was being a bit harsh. And yeah i did only listen to the first song.

strat0tele said:
I don't understand that comment but thanks

lol, after I read it back I didn't understand it either! lol

I meant, I like your vocal harmonies throughout the songs. Secondly, I like how all of the songs sound very original and different from each other. :)

VSpaceBoy said:
lol, after I read it back I didn't understand it either! lol

I meant, I like your vocal harmonies throughout the songs. Secondly, I like how all of the songs sound very original and different from each other. :)

Ah I see, thanks. yea I try and not write the same type of song each time and not use the same accompanientnamentada everytime, even though it is.....guitar bass, drums and the occasional keyboard. heh.

strat0tele said:
A few of the songs i don't think are too good and are very repetitive I think but I just wanted to get it done with.

Thanks for your comment!

Best. Reply. Ever. :D

VSpaceBoy said:
Rightfully bumped, thats some cool stuff. Very creative. I like your harmonies! Only the tunes have a very original sound to them. Stick with it, you'll be on top two generations for now when ppl loosin' up.
Recording it pretty good and balanced too.

I agree. definately not radio material, which is the best kind. :D i think i hear some violent femmes licks in there too. la, lala la lala la, lala la lala la, lala la lala la........

Supercreep said:
Best. Reply. Ever. :D

Holy crap, I didn't realize what I wrote. That is the worst thing i've ever written in my life.

to other poster, what Violent Femme licks do you hear? I've only heard their first album and I make no connection.

Maybe "Schnozberry Fields Forever" was one of those tracks you just wanted to get over with. Cool guitar playing, though.

It's one of those things where you can't believe you're listening to it, but at the end, you're glad you did. I can tell there's some talent there. Glad you had fun with it and thanks for sharing.

Anybody buy any copies???

swatsds said:
Maybe "Schnozberry Fields Forever" was one of those tracks you just wanted to get over with. Cool guitar playing, though.

It's one of those things where you can't believe you're listening to it, but at the end, you're glad you did. I can tell there's some talent there. Glad you had fun with it and thanks for sharing.

Anybody buy any copies???

5 random people on the internet, hah. Haven't sold one since the 2nd week i've had the cds. It's ok, i'll just hold onto them forever so when I get big ;) I have them.

Shnozberry Fields Forever was a song I made saying it was the best song ever, made a bunch of people listen to it and they got pretty pissed. I made the song in one guitar track, and one keyboard. Nothing was planned, I just played a bunch of random crap.

Back