Last song from our live album - The Clash's "Complete Control" - pro mastered.

What'd you play on it?

Pro mastered just the one song, or as part of an album?
It's part of an album, Dobro - 11 songs. A friend of mine at work did the mastering for me for nothing - well, he asked me to make him up some special leads for his studio in return - he's no good with a soldering iron! :D So I'd call that doing it for free. He has wonderful gear - Two Pultec valve eqs (re-issue by Warm Audio), LA2A and 1176 compressors (originals), the works.

Adam Fiasco | Producer Mixer Mastering

I play the right-hand guitar. :)

Last edited:
Myself, I play guitar for both right and left hands.

Please tell me his real name isn't Fiasco. If it is, I'll have to change my own to Dobro Contretemps, just to keep up.

Myself, I play guitar for both right and left hands.

:mad:

Please tell me his real name isn't Fiasco. If it is, I'll have to change my own to Dobro Contretemps, just to keep up.

LOL, no - that's just his producer handle. :D He recently scored a place on the Chris Lord Alge "mix with the masters" course, but decided against it and spent the money on his Pultecs instead. I think he made the right decision.

He recently scored a place on the Chris Lord Alge "mix with the masters" course, but decided against it and spent the money on his Pultecs instead. I think he made the right decision.

:laughings:

Well and truly got the jones.

Sounds awesome. I mean, the recording itself is kind of drum-lite and a bit distorted, but the sounds that are captured are great. Shit, the vocals and guitars are killer.

I would love to drink in a bar to this.

Sounds awesome. I mean, the recording itself is kind of drum-lite and a bit distorted, but the sounds that are captured are great. Shit, the vocals and guitars are killer.

I would love to drink in a bar to this.

Thanks, Heat. :D You know, it's really starting to bother me that I ought to have just pulled the guitars and vocals back a tiny bit for perfection on this. It's set in stone now, though. The mix is gone because every mix was a bit different for the eleven tracks I've done and I can't get it re-mastered. I do think it sounds ace though, but I feel there was a missed opportunity to have it perfect. :(

Sounds pretty good Bubba, it's been mentioned, but it does clip/distort...Definitely got the live thing going on though...Mix-wise the drums being more prominent would give it a little more "oomph", but it's not bad as-is...

If it were possible (I know it's not though reading through the thread here), I'd like to hear more clarity in each instrument, & of course not have the clipping, but again, still sounds pretty good as it is...

...it's really starting to bother me that I ought to have just pulled the guitars and vocals back a tiny bit for perfection on this.

Don't let it bother you. It sounds great. We're nitpicking here about levels and stuff 'cause that's what we do. :)

Too late anyway. You should be happy.

A great track, from a great band and a great cover of it, in my opinion. As others have said, shame about the clipping here and there but it's rare you hear a perfect live recording from a punk band anyway.

It is what it is, I enjoyed it. :thumbs up:

Get the heck out of here, you did the one Clash song I like. I'm listening on shit speakers as is my custom, but I've heard live stuff you put up here before and it sounded better than this, as far as the recording quality. Drums are a little weak-sounding, especially the kick. It's tough to hear it, except in the beginning when there's no bass played over it and no other drums being hit around it. I also think the vocal is a little loud.

I'm not going to ask you what you played in this or if you sang, as I assume that was probably covered in the previous 32 posts that I didn't read yet and will get to in a minute. Pretty darn good live performance. You guys must stay sober during your shows.

Back