Jingley Christmas guitar instrumental - comments on mix or composition appreciated!!

Ohhh that's a really nice guitar tone. Sounds like smooth grit. Telecaster? The bass sounds fine, and the drums are great. Nice tune. Merry Christmas. :D

It's actually a Strat.. the begining and end parts are neck and mid single coils, and the middle minor part is a Tone Zone humbucker at the bridge..

Thanks for comment!

I like it.

Something about the humbucker section I didnt like quite as much.

Wouldnt mind hearing this with fewer effects, kind of a more "present" sound maybe?

I get that you were going for a kind of vintage sound.

Good work, you sing too?

I originally had the guitar dry, but it seemed a little flat and boring, so I went with the vintage slapback for a more rockabilly sound..

I do sing as well, or attempt to.. You can hear lots of my tunes at Gary Trithart | Facebook

I'm going to do a Myspace page in the new year, cause my daughter says that's where it's at.. :)

Ohh.. it's a vintage '59 Fender Bassman! ... :D Okay, a "virtual" one.. Guitar goes to a Sparkle Drive, then into an Echo Mia soundcard and is recorded dry, then processed through Amplitube 3 Fender Bassman and tape delay..

In general I thought it was good. I like the lead tone. Good playing.

Until about 1:36 when you brought in a rhythm guitar, I thought the mix was a little too sparse. If it were me, I'd put in an acoustic guitar (probably doubled) doing some smooth strumming (as opposed to accenting the backbeat hard). And I'd put it in the whole way through.

Just me.

Ohh.. it's a vintage '59 Fender Bassman! ... :D Okay, a "virtual" one.. Guitar goes to a Sparkle Drive, then into an Echo Mia soundcard and is recorded dry, then processed through Amplitube 3 Fender Bassman and tape delay..

Virtual or not, it sound good!

Back