I'm talking to you-1st mix

Open

Here's a part 1 of a story that will probably require 2 more songs to complete. Just finished a first mix. My ears are fatigued as usual so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm talking to you

http://soundclick.com/open

This is really excellent. To be honest, I wouldn't normally be into the genre but I think this is exceptional. The panning at the start is great, and the guitar reminds me alot of the stuff on 'Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me'. I love it!

The guitar auto-panning in the first part was a little distracting. Could just be me but I'd run it a little less wide and probably half tempo. Vocs sound a little weird, almost like a phase issue. Doubled and panned-out really far? Something on the vocs is giving it a weird, wide but unequal quality... more pronounced through the phones than the speakers.

Other than that, not much I can hear that's hurting it more than the mp3 artifacts, which are particularly bad.

TelePaul said:
This is really excellent. To be honest, I wouldn't normally be into the genre but I think this is exceptional. The panning at the start is great, and the guitar reminds me alot of the stuff on 'Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me'. I love it!

Thanks Telepaul. I never thought about the connection to Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me.

pglewis said:
The guitar auto-panning in the first part was a little distracting. Could just be me but I'd run it a little less wide and probably half tempo. Vocs sound a little weird, almost like a phase issue. Doubled and panned-out really far? Something on the vocs is giving it a weird, wide but unequal quality... more pronounced through the phones than the speakers.

Other than that, not much I can hear that's hurting it more than the mp3 artifacts, which are particularly bad.

Yeah, I tend to get carried away with my panning effects. I usually like
to mix for the speakers rather than phones. I know in the phones everything is more pronounced. Thanks for listening.

Back