I have 3 songs I would like for EVERYONE to come listen to,.. thanx! PLease?!?

Havent listened to the songs yet (shitty firewall at work) so Ill take a listen tonight, but I thought i'd add my 2p on the topic.

I've only been here for a coupla weeks, and the reason I came here sounds remarkably similar to yours......

I went solo a few years back ,and have been doing everything myself ever since....the trouble with it being 'just you' is its difficult to be objective about the mix/recording/quality, cus your too close to the songs.

For this reason I posted my draft mixes up, and the guys here helped tremendously, in fact more than anyone else has helped my mixing. Now I have a mastered CD which I believe sounds good, and many people here have echoed, and I put 90% of the final mix quality down to the advice / retweak / readvice I recieved here.

I guess once you have been through this cycle once, you get drawn in here and 'fuel the fire' by critiquing other peoples mixes in return.

Within the space of a month, this has become my most viewed site on the web.

In short, this is a great place.

Nick, Nice tunes.
You're a great musician/songwritter. I really enjoy listening to your tunes. It sounds very complete to me. I'm listening to your song "life" right now.
You have a wonderful point of view.
I'm gonna keep listening. You've won my vote.

slkeen,
and to think, this drama shit wouldn't have gone on if i hadn't believed that I needed a desperate approach to have people listen. lol, if only I had known. Well, now I feel alittle more comfortable about this place after all is said and done.

I am working hard on remixes. I totally scrapped the ones that are on nwr.com (lesson well learned from that one)

Remember the Future is cool man!That sounds like some epic shit man when you get into those build-ups with the harmony guitars going.Cool guitar work!;)

Kramer, thanx man.
I hope the playing has feel to the title of the song. That's probably my most enjoyable song to play. I don't know exactly what sound i was lookin for when i wrote it, but i wish i could know how to capture that sound again (primarily with the guitars).

Guitar-MJ said:
Kramer, thanx man.
I hope the playing has feel to the title of the song. That's probably my most enjoyable song to play. I don't know exactly what sound i was lookin for when i wrote it, but i wish i could know how to capture that sound again (primarily with the guitars).

I know what you mean about trying to capture the sound again.I've got some stuff on 4-track that Ive been trying to re-create on my new recorder and I cant get it!I guess some stuff is just captured 'in the moment'.;)

Back