HR Recording Challenge: Results

crawdad

Dammit, Jim, Shut Up!
Well, since the poll seems to have run its course, here is the winner:

1. Cover another members song.

The 2nd and 3rd place votes chose:

2. Do a cover in a different style
3. No effects

These are given as alternates to those who don't want to cover some other members song.

So, the challenge is: Choose one and have at it. The posts are to take place between March 5-10. No sooner or later, please. Its all for fun--be as creative as you like. If you elect to do a cover of a popular song, please remember to get permission to cover it. We don't want any copyright entanglements or problems for NWR.

I can't wait to hear what everybody comes up with!

crawdad said:
The posts are to take place between March 5-10. No sooner or later, please

is that more than a week away?? and is that standard time or pacific time, or daylight savings time?

maybe, to save all this asking stuff, anyone that doesn't want their stuff covered.... post now...then leave..

pussies

Hey all....can we start seperate thread of people to post their songs (and hopefully chord progression/lyrics) that wouldn't mind being covered? I'm sure there are a few golden tunes out there i want to redo but I have to find them again and then pm the person to get to get necessary info......so....if anybody wants their stuff to be covered we can place them all in one thread that way the same person doesn't get a thousand PM request for his song.

any thoughts?

mixmkr said:
yeah..but no ones had the insane desire to cover one of your tunes, samij...:rolleyes:

hehehe gotta love mixmkr's vocals on "W.A.D." :D Actually, that's on a CD I play every single freakin' day... no lie...

So... who gets the performance royalties? :eek:

So there is no time limit on recording the song like the other comp here. We just have to post the song between March 5-10??

Tukkis

Yeah, thats all there is to it! Some members thought it would be good to start in March, to give the board a little breather after the 1.5 challenge. Maybe I'll bump this about the middle of February just as a reminder.

Dammit! I'm starting to feel like a school teacher! "OK class--heres your homework assignment. No Johnny, you can't do it in pencil! Well, we will get to some other topics, but the class chose this challenge for the next one. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules. Yes, thats right--cover another members song is the assignment. OK, if you don't want to do that there are two alternate (PC) assignments to choose from. How much of your grade will it count as? Will it be on a curve? Is there a prize? Well, you'll have to ask Chessrock because I'm not sure. Ya da yada yada..."

Never again. :D

crawdad said:
Dammit! I'm starting to feel like a school teacher! "OK class--heres your homework assignment. No Johnny, you can't do it in pencil! Well, we will get to some other topics, but the class chose this challenge for the next one. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules. Yes, thats right--cover another members song is the assignment. OK, if you don't want to do that there are two alternate (PC) assignments to choose from. How much of your grade will it count as? Will it be on a curve? Is there a prize? Well, you'll have to ask Chessrock because I'm not sure. Ya da yada yada..."

Never again. :D

crawdaddy... I'm sorry... I thought about thankin you after the last post, and was going to post on it first thing after getting home from work yesterday...

But thank you. Thanks for getting this together.... who knows? Your efforts now would probably carry over automatically to each new challenge... someone will pick up the ball.

And you KNOW that there will be some awesome stuff coming from this thing--so thanks again, bigtime! (Can't wait to hear your submission, actually :))

c

participant said:
crawdaddy... I'm sorry... I thought about thankin you after the last post, and was going to post on it first thing after getting home from work yesterday...

But thank you. Thanks for getting this together.... who knows? Your efforts now would probably carry over automatically to each new challenge... someone will pick up the ball.

And you KNOW that there will be some awesome stuff coming from this thing--so thanks again, bigtime! (Can't wait to hear your submission, actually :))

c

Hey thanks, Participant. I know there are a bunch of people that are gonna have a good time with this and thats all that matters, really. Its not like we are ordering anybody to, errr, participate, or anything. I just tried to distill everything from the discussions we all had and put it into some kind of form. Obviously, not everybody is gonna be thrilled, but fuck em if they don't want mess with it. They don't have to come to the party!:D (Oooh--thats way too harsh there). I just mean that those who want to try it should and those who don't are not bound to join in. I like everybody here and I'm certainly not trying to impose upon anyone. We just had some cool ideas to try for some different projects and I think that there is a lot to be learned from seeing how everyone approaches a common task. I hope it flies and I hope it continues in the future. If we can entertain each other with our music, then we've made the world a little better place. Thats all I care about.

crawdad said:
"OK class--heres your homework assignment. No Johnny, you can't do it in pencil! Well, we will get to some other topics, but the class chose this challenge for the next one. I'm sorry, I don't make the rules. Yes, thats right--cover another members song is the assignment. OK, if you don't want to do that there are two alternate (PC) assignments to choose from. How much of your grade will it count as? Will it be on a curve? Is there a prize? Well, you'll have to ask Chessrock because I'm not sure. Ya da yada yada..." :D

I'm really starting to enjoy these little out-takes from your internal dialogue. I'd like to hear them through a U87 sometime. :)

SLuiCe said:
I'm really starting to enjoy these little out-takes from your internal dialogue. I'd like to hear them through a U87 sometime. :)
LOL... :D

that's funny. :p

Hey... I have a stupid idea. Just a little waste of time. I figured I'd share it, since I've been sharing stupid wastes of time lately. :p

How 'bout, whenever anyone posts an HR challenge thread, we always preface the title with "HRC:". For example... HRC: Remake of Sluice's "Hate Pill".. (not like that could ever happen. :p). I was just thinking... when we did the 1.5 challenge, it was so easy to spot a 1.5 thread because,.. well,.. it had "1.5" in the title. But now that the challenge has a more lengthy description, maybe we should give an identifier so people know which threads are HR challenge threads, and which threads are just normal posts. We could also use the identifier for any updates about the challenge or what have you. Anyway... that's my stupid idea. Just a thought. :p (sorry... I have too much free time... I can't help it. :p)

WATYF

Back