How's about a video?

I like it.... this is cool. I wish there was a way to download off that site... is there and I'm not seeing it?

Jay,
It's a REALLY good rerecording. The setting seems to have allowed you to rock more.
the vid's cool. THe use of WW2, Korean & Viet footage was deliberate I assume & the lack of D/storm & later would be the unavailability of copyright free footage.
THe scenes "inside" looked the best but the whole thing is good. The narrative held together well too!
I'd tagged some of the viet footage for a clip for my track So Long (Saigon) Shuffle. I'll have to look for alternatives now.

Pretty good for an amateur video. Well sync'd and well performed.

I'd like to see some different camera angles- especially to differentiate between the indoor and outdoor settings. Also, some closeups of the drummer or bassist might be nice. Another thing that might help is to wear a very different outfit for each setting. You've (I'm assuming you're the singer) got different colors of shirt (I think), but it's still button-up long sleeve shirt and ball cap for each shot. Visually, it's kind of confusing.

Oh, and there's no need to always be holding and playing your guitar throughout the piece. Sometimes it's nice to see just you telling the story. On that note, I'd also ditch the sunglasses... the eyes are terribly emotive, and by blocking them, you can't communicate as effectively onscreen.

Other than that, it's a really pretty good recording and a really nice video. Congrats!

Great job. The song has a story that fits just as well today as it would have 30 years ago. Thanks for sharing.... :)

Yep..I've seen this one...good vid JPW! Shows the Kentucky Mafia at it's best.....now slice me off some of that gov'ment cheese baby!!!:D

Back