Help wanted: a smokin Narrator

DavidK

Are you a smokin Narrator?? Huh?? Well?? No You say?? :confused: Then what are you doing in my smokin Narrator thread? :mad: :D

I need a narrator for a song presentation. I am thinking of Vincent Price on the "Thriller" song, or the voice on Moody Blues Days of Future Past. It can be mp3. I need it poetic, yet with a tinge off "The next song is gonna rock".

The words?

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads[/I]

Thats it! They can be spoken slowly and dramatically. Any Takers?? :) Feel free to put some vocal effect on there, errr, you guys are home recordists dag nabit. Be creative. ;)

Something to think about

is that generally that sort of thing has some dramatic music behind it, adding to whatever the desired mood is.

Got any that you intend on using?

Also

it would help to hear the opening line of music that is coming, to know what to build to. Wouldn't hurt to hear the tail of the preceding music (if there is any), if a transition is what you're doing.

i think you should change the wording a little bit. try:

" In a world where children were nestled all snug in there beds, visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads."

notCardio said:
is that generally that sort of thing has some dramatic music behind it, adding to whatever the desired mood is.

Got any that you intend on using?
Yes, there will be music behind it.

No, I dont have it yet. :D

Probably a clock striking 12, some weirdo synth stuff, etc. A rock song will fade in at the end, its just a setup for a Xmas Rock tune.

zed32 said:

" In a world where children were nestled all snug in there beds, visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So I put on some tangerine lip gloss, and threw open the shutters.

zed32 said:

I dont really care about the wording and am open to all interpretations. The main thing I need is "Sugar Plums danced in their heads". :cool:

In a world where children were nestled all snug in there beds. a new vision, of sugar-plums, was about to DANCE...
(voice deepens)
....IN...THEIR...HEADS.

and between each of the last 3 words, put like one of those big orchestral hits, with an explosion at the end and a wilhelm scream.

Well, the point I was getting at was

DavidK said:
Yes, there will be music behind it.

No, I dont have it yet. :D

Probably a clock striking 12, some weirdo synth stuff, etc. A rock song will fade in at the end, its just a setup for a Xmas Rock tune.

Is this something that you want to be soft, almost whispered, or something that has an ominous tone to it, or something that builds to a crescendo?

Thats' why I asked about what it intros to. So it's going to fade in, not start with an attacking crescendo. Sorry if I'm getting my terminology wrong, but you see what I'm getting at.

notCardio said:
Is this something that you want to be soft, almost whispered, or something that has an ominous tone to it,

Yes. It shouldnt build, but there should be some suspense in the voice, as if something is about to happen.

Everybody in the house IN THEIR BEDS.
All fairies in the house OUTTA THEIR HEADS.

Sorry I'm a dag - & have a voice that is tailored made to PUT children to sleep (it's my job afterall).
A bit of 007, as in that Scottish git, might be nice.

I know someone who could do it....with an accent ...and it would sound awesome. I can hear it now.....

Mooooooooooooooo.....wap !! :D

Well I'm the least scary person I know but wth

Prepare not to be scared LOL

Actually this might sound better if I smoked a pack of Camels and gargled some sand first...

Back