"Heart of Gold" acoustic duo version

I enjoyed listening to this... Everything sounds well recorded, your wife has an amazing voice, great performances all around!

I have nothing new to add here but felt compelled nevertheless to reinforce the idea that your wife's voice is in fact awesome! You both sound nice together and the recording is pretty freakin' smooth.

My wife won't even listen to Neil, let alone perform his material...sheesh.

I have nothing new to add here but felt compelled nevertheless to reinforce the idea that your wife's voice is in fact awesome! You both sound nice together and the recording is pretty freakin' smooth.

My wife won't even listen to Neil, let alone perform his material...sheesh.

Thanks! Yeah I lucked out with my wife! :) However, I'm sure your wife has plenty of good points as well!

whjr15 said:
I enjoyed listening to this... Everything sounds well recorded, your wife has an amazing voice, great performances all around!

Thanks for the listen!

aerospace1 said:
Awesome acoustic sounds and lead vox - maybe bring them up a little. I agree with Smaltonian - bring up the harmony. Haven't listened to your others though. Throw in some bass and drums

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah unfortuntately this was a quick, one-take recording done live with only two mics (one for my guitar, vocal, and harp, and one for my wife's guitar and vocals). So the balance we got is pretty much it. We did this quickly for something to put up on our myspace page. We'll probably go back and do a better sounding recording eventually.

smaltonion said:
Sounds close to the original in intro............It's just a great tune.....Harmony seems to be holding back....

Reminds me of when I was young...man those were the days....

Really nic eversion guys ...Keep it up

Steve Altonian

Thanks for the listen. It really is a damn good tune isn't it? I'm glad it served up some nice nostalgia for you! :)

rocknrollover said:
That really sounds cool, your wifes voice sounds very nice and very pleasant to listen to.
Nice sounding song together overall, gonna have to have a listen to the rest of them

Thank you for the compliments. There's only one more of our (the housecats) for now. It's called "Jolene" (Ray LaMontagne tune).

Back