ez listening

B.SABBATH

top of the page 'new apt.' www.nowhereradio.com/samij/singles

I just moved into a new apartment and I'm not completely comfortable here yet.. It is nicer than the other dump I used to live in.. I started playing around with some keys and also added some EBow.

any thoughts on the sound are appreciated..

It's more like cheesey listening rather than ez..

thanks if you make it..

As far as I'm concerned this is what synths were made for.

If I was going to change anything, I'd put huge buldging kettle drums where that hi-hat thing is. Or switch between the two. There is something lurking in this one, but it never reveals itself. That's cool in and of itself, but I wouldn't mind if it attacked me either.

Cool changes, cool moods, love the piano. Welcome back to recording Sam. :)

Tom

Hey dude......
This is cool. Nice piano sound, is that roland?
Style-wise: It doesnt sound like the new living location has robbed your sound too much... very Sam...... sounds like this was a fun buzz:D
...Im hearing some really big lows in this... a little excessive to my ears. When the layering gets piled up there seems to be a little murkyness down there. Im listening on head-phones (fyi) so take for what its worth. I like the "screaming" synth sound.....cool, and conducive to the tune.

.....glad yer back man. :) Mike

SLuiCe - yeah the kettle drum idea is a good one.. this was just one of those things to warm up to the new place so I was just having some fun with keys.. had to record something before I busted.. thanks for the ears..

Guernica - Big Poppa! thanks G.. yeah there may be some excessive lows because I mixed at a fairly low volume.. I wanted it to sound full, but not too murky.. still have to get used to the new digs.. hope everything's good with the little man.. man! :D

SLuiCe said:
Mike, what's that smell?

:)

:D :D :D ........Dude, In the last 2 weeks Ive been pissed on more times than I care to recall:D :D (the funny thing is I swear he's smiling when he does it:D ) .....had a coupla "Im gonna wait til dad takes the diaper off, and THEN shit all over the changing table":D episodes too. .....So, you wont wanna be slow dancing w/ me anytime soon:D

one of my favorites from you sami. you should really explore this sound.

Welcome back, Sam.

Signature sound's, very familiar.........i've missed it! cool mood.

That is all.......................

Thank's, Sam!

Peace

Rick

Guernica said:
:D :D :D ........Dude, In the last 2 weeks Ive been pissed on more times than I care to recall:D :D (the funny thing is I swear he's smiling when he does it:D ) .....had a coupla "Im gonna wait til dad takes the diaper off, and THEN shit all over the changing table":D episodes too. .....So, you wont wanna be slow dancing w/ me anytime soon:D

G, that is ssssssooooooo cool!!!!!!!! And very comical at the same time! Right on!

"MONKEY BUTT":D

Welcome back, dude!

Congrats on the new pad. Moving sucks though. You always find out you have more stuff than you thought you did when you start hauling it!

Speaking of pads, I dig that voice patch. It really adds to the mood on this one.

That piano seems to have a bit too much key thump, and lacks presence. Maybe the compression did that. I'd like to hear a bit more sizzle on the guitar as well. Maybe just cutting some of the low-mids would help both.;)

Cool stuff!

:cool:

Hey Sam, how goes it! :D Good to see you around.

Nice one here. I love the e-bow in there and you have some great chops playing those keys!

The only thing that I didn't care for was the drum sound you had on this one (usually I love the drum sound you get) ... I hear what your going for with the Indian Raga style, and I think it would work, I just didn't care for the actual patch --- imho -- :)

Great mood piece and definitely has your signature on it.

Very nice!

:)

It sounds like your in a new place,new walls are comfortable, 'gettin ready to expand and explore the new territory. I`m still after your clarity and will get it one day. :)

lol, fooled me with this one. I spent the whole tune waiting for the other shoe to drop. The longer it went on the more I got nervous how loud it would be when the band kicked in, so I kept turning it down. I'm gonna listen to it again. :)

Nice Sam tune!

Almost tame.
Sounds fun.

Now that the new place has been properly broke in......

Lets Rock!

New Apt.? What, did you move to Pluto? Easy to tell this was you-the fast piano stuff reminds me of the violin? parts you did on Erlands tune-almost sounds sped up...The king of the E-bow returneth!. Tough being a musician/recorder in an apt.-if I ever dissappear-Ive probably been arrested for assaulting my upstairs neighbors baaah. Anyway cool sounding piece-maybe a bit bottom heavy if cranked on speakers but nice in the headphones.

Back