desert song

Vocals are nice and up-front....I like that.....nice harmonies.......the instruments seem to run together; there isn't a lot of definition..........I like all the percussion.....the guitars could come up some......I like the song and the way it builds......really pretty cool.....but there are things in it that I wish I could hear better.

I enjoyed listening to that piece. It was full across the field. nice vocals, clean. just a opinion thing here, Id like to hear the music brought up a little nearer the vocals level.
You picking around town anywhere?

Hey Strat,
very cool vibe on this one man. ...almost latin, but not really. I like the acoustic tones you got. Very well played too. At first the vocs hit me a little thin, but as the song went on it changed my mind. ...kind of a Wall of Voodo kind of thing. Really cool song man.

g

Strat,

I beg to differ with you; I thought it was a very interesting listen. Very original ideas- that's always interesting.

Twist

now THAT was a cool song! I think the reason I like this vocalist so much is because at certain times, he reminds me of Geddy.. (Rush is my favorite band along side Black Sabbath)

I can't put my finger on what this mix needs.. at first I thought the guitars were too low, but if you raise them the drums will be too low.. I'm home with the flu so my ears are more shot than normal.. I'll have to sum up my comments like this, "I really dug this tune!"

I'm Totally Copying B.SABBATH

Cool, interesting song. It's like a story song, but abstract at the same time. .. (yes, I fully support anybody who says I'm talking out of my ass right now). I don't have any mix advice on this one ... Is there a glockenspeil (sp?) in there somewhere? LOL.

Here's a pic that seems to fit the tune for me.

Attachments

• women dancing.jpg
    women dancing.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 55
Yeah a little odd. But it was pretty nice. Liked the harmonies that came in at about :38 (the "ahhs"). Good harmonies in other spots too.

I think the lead vocals would sound real cool if they were doubled - you just gotta do that. :D There was some click on the right side at about 1:51. Didn't know what that was.

Good song.

Thanks guys!--I won't get into any long thank you things-I'd rather this thing just drop off the page. But the general concensus seems to be vocals a bit loud/bring up the music....I agree-our monitors event 20/20's-seem kinda low endy-the vocals are always louder on other systems. Lately the singer has been mixing with me-so when i'm compensating for the vocal thing-he thinks I'm leaving him out!-but as you can hear-it's quite the opposite. Our last batch of mixes all suffer from this....Anyway thanks for your time fellas-I'm not going to bump this again-let it die! Please!

p.s.-cool pic chris-that fits exactly (except they're a mirage of course!)

Stratomaster said:
I'm not going to bump this again-let it die! Please!

not if i can help it!

sounds good........i don't think the vocals are too high, but they might be a little dry for being that up front........nice mix

Very impressive!

Cool! I think it needs more definate percussion that you can hold on to. Vocal seems kind of dry.

Sounds kind of early seventies... America maybe, CSNY. Very cool tune, I love it!

Back