Country Cover - Cheatin Heart - This ones for you Steenamaroo

chuckduffy

One thanksgiving night a few years ago we got all liquored up and made an awesome old 50s country playlist on Rhapsody and listened to it all night long. I'm the furthest thing from a country guy, but somehow this song made its way into my dna and I decided to try and ruin it haha. I finished it off tonight. The beginning has a little bit of the original that I played along with. I don't have your chops Steen - but I gave it a shot and it was a blast so here it is :-)

Sounds good. A bit sloppy here and there, but generally pretty together.

I liked the reverb on the lead vox and the BGVs were great. Nice guitar sounds too.

Sounds good. A bit sloppy here and there, but generally pretty together.

I liked the reverb on the lead vox and the BGVs were great. Nice guitar sounds too.

Thanks heat. I finished it late last night and when I listened to it today I thought I'd plumb lost my mind when I all the heard the problems with tempo, tuning, timbre and pitch. I'ts a totally new genre I like to call WTF?

I'm no country fan: I have to admit that my fav country album is Elvis Costello's Almost Blue.
This cover suits my angle on country - imperfect, organic and heartfelt without being market determines sentimental.
I like the warts Chuck, they give the track character.

I'm no country fan: I have to admit that my fav country album is Elvis Costello's Almost Blue.
This cover suits my angle on country - imperfect, organic and heartfelt without being market determines sentimental.
I like the warts Chuck, they give the track character.

Thanks for checking it out ray, and for the kind words :-) Over the past year or so I've been working on my mixing and playing to the point where my 'real' stuff might be getting too sanitized and clean. It was fun to do something shambling and goofy.

Back