Cotton Candy

This song has a really nice feel to it. Ditto on what everyone else has said about capturing a mood. Here it is a cold night in February and there I was under my headphones strolling through the tilt-a-whirl with midway balloons floating all around and the smell of...okay, you get the picture. Very nice. Loved the drums too...

Toki..love the tune.....awesome stuff....i am going to get me an elephants ear now...oh wait... :)

man..i cant wait for the day i can make my stuff sound this good

tokily smokily...
great feel my man...."midway".. its so hard for me to capture the feel of something...well other than pissed off...lol...you did it quite nicely!!!....i didnt read all the posts is that you on the keys as well???...if it is you REALLY need to learn how to play MORE instruments.....hahahahaha.....

j

Re: huh?

bdbdbucksKID said:
Do you mean Cave literally? LOL

It's a place far far away.......where dragons and bad people live. It's ruled by a fierce fire breathing dragon. Sometimes the people rebel and throw jelly donuts, personal attacks, lame political views and use language a child need not hear.......go not into the Dragon Cave.

bd (dad)

Late in getting to this one, Toki. Great piece. As has been stated by others, it captures the mood and description of your day perfectly.

However, it needs to go somewhere - otherwise it gets a tad monotonous. Needs a melody and lyrics, or some type of solo instrument (unless you see it as a movie sound track). Tremendous bed, though, and nicely mixed. The title is perfect too.

You're doing very nice work lately.

Toki.... I really dig music that creates an image with the music itself and without having words to paint the picture. You did a great job of painting that picture with this piece! I don't remember who said it in their reply but you can actually picture being right there at the park on a sunny day.
Nice tune, nice playing.
RF

Smooooooooooooooooth..........

I think the thing I like the most about your piece here man is the arrangement....your choice of voices is very cool.......

I disagree on this needing a guit part.....it would be cool but a horn would sound better I think.....like a saxaphone....ya know?

Good stuff man,
Take it easy,
Joe

Dach' ; I appreciate the listen. agreed, It is monotonous, but I was grabbing the feel and trying more technique on mixing I been learning from you guys. Never really got as far as developing more out of it. Any credit should be spread amongst several of you like peanut butter. I appreciate yall. Especially you for direction on using the software (and what not to use), and common sense. I think my drum mixs are getting a little better. I do have to save a twinkie for Track ("put some ass in it") Rat, and B.Sabbath for their guidance on the bass/kick/snare group. Sam has been on my ass for a while over clarity too. Maybe it`s gettin a little better with the limited gear I have. :)

Lt Bob: you alright, thanks.

dtb : I`m a big fan of yours. glad you took the stroll...

rushfan33: hardest part of music is gettin the listener to experience the message you are trying to communicate. I hope it made you feel good...

joro: thanks, as soon as I can get it uploaded to nwr you can hear solo, horns, sax, and some stuff in it.

DavidK: i learn a lot from your work, I hope what I do as a result of listening, can rate at least somewhere in the background to what you do...

Happy, groovy tune! Really captures the feel of a carnival/boardwalk. I could imagine this playing down at SM pier.

Mix sounds good too!

Only nit pick I could come up with is a bit more organ. I dig a good B3.:cool:

Ya gonna add anything on top?

Damn Toki what a cool vibe and sweet groove. High-on-Life-and-love music. I bet she dug this a lot! I like the big break at 1:34 and the chord it jumps back in on.

Good tune :) You could have a field day with the vocals...

Back