Class-C Recording Mixed in Class-A Room

StarvingEyes

Recorded this a few years back in a garage. Recently landed a gig in a Class A Studio and dug up this old session for the client. I think it sounds pretty good. Feedback would be appreciated. Especially listen to the low end, its been making me nervous.
Recorded into PT, kick/snare/toms have been replaced.

Thanks in Advance,
J

Sounds real good here! I'm listening on cans--but they're historically bass heavy, and this mix isn't overwhelming them.

One nit--the full stop (right before about the middle--sorry no timer on it) is too full for my taste. Makes it sound artificial--the very opposite of this energy intensive, angry sound. I'd leave even the slightest tail of a choked cymbal or guitar 'verb in there if it were me.

This sounds great though. Very cool stuff...

Thanks man.

I know exactly what you're talking about with the pause. I have battled with that pause since it was recorded. All the players made it a very abrupt stop, and I suppose it does throw the vibe off a bit...
time for an edit.

thanks again for the listen though.

Drums! Drums! We don't need no stinkin'...
Oh, hello,
They sound a little to on top of the mix for me - but I'm not into this style.
I like the bass guitar tone & scope it fills but doesn't flood.
Not mushy, not harsh might need a little top end in the final mix but sounds good.
Yeah the stop needs the cymbal to ring on or a guitar to squeal for 1/2 the space.

Back