Boogie

23 views and no replies? Bump Bump. Maybe this song isn't worth redoing. I thought the hook was good but the vocals are too hot.

I used to have three flutes in harmony during the chorus and took one out.

I might need to shit can the song because of the indifference, which is no big deal.

Be nice to hear someone say, Hey, your song sucks.

Be nice to hear someone say, Hey, your song sucks.

Hey your song doesn't suck! It's definitely worth working on. When you say the vocal's too hot, I agree, but only in relation to the music behind it. The vocal's not clipping or anything, and sounds quite good.

Sounds like the acoustic is just the pickup. If/when you retrack, I'd try micing it. And last but not least, given the 88 key theme of the song, I'd like to hear the piano up in the mix a bit.

Nice work!

Thanks for the listen, WhiteStrat, and the good advice. You were kind not to mention the drums. My wife hates them so they've got to go, too.;)

Thanks for the listen, WhiteStrat, and the good advice. You were kind not to mention the drums. My wife hates them so they've got to go, too.;)

As I recall they were a bit thin & distant. What doesn't she like about them? The beat itself really kind of fit the tune.

As I recall they were a bit thin & distant. What doesn't she like about them? The beat itself really kind of fit the tune.

That they were kind of distracting. Thin is the way I'd characterize the rolls at the end of the lines. I think I can do better. If I don't, this song may not make the CD I'm thinking of putting out soon. Doesn't matter, really. There's always the next one with different drums.:)

It's a cool little song man.

I agree that the vocals are a bit loud, but other than that it all sounds cool. It's nice and different.

I think the flutes sound good, but I think it could benefit from the piano being a bit louder to add more tone colour variations to the overall mix. Maybe even brought up a little higher in the mix and then given a bit of an EQ to make it sound a bit brighter or something.

I'm not too sure, I don't normally record this kind of stuff and don't have much of an idea on it all.

It's a cool little song man.

I agree that the vocals are a bit loud, but other than that it all sounds cool. It's nice and different.

I think the flutes sound good, but I think it could benefit from the piano being a bit louder to add more tone colour variations to the overall mix. Maybe even brought up a little higher in the mix and then given a bit of an EQ to make it sound a bit brighter or something.

I'm not too sure, I don't normally record this kind of stuff and don't have much of an idea on it all.

I appreciate your commenting and will take it to the next mix. This kind of stuff is pretty rare these days, and I'm swimming upstream, man.:)

Well I meant I don't know much about recording/mixing that stuff because I'm a metalhead, but it all still sounds great man. It was a really cool song.

Back