The Best View In The Room - Mix It For Me!

MattNZ

Here it is guys, as promised - warts and all.

Download it from here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c6e60a/

You should be able to import them and they'll line up in anything. Any fiascos, let me know and I'll try and fix it.

Cheers

Matt

P.S. Good luck - I'm counting on you.

Last edited:
I am attempting to download it now on a wifi router with a really weak signal. If it works I should have something to show by Monday or Tuesday.

I will have to wait until I get a more stable platform to do this download. The host you chose won't allow me to use a download manager, and my connection keeps dropping off! :mad:

I will have it by the end of the day.

I know - I hate FileFactory, but I can't find any other hosts that will take >50MB files for free!

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Just a word of advice about the drumtrack. Yes - there's only one track. I'm using Drums on Demand, but don't have the multitrack version. That will obviously limit what you can mix drum wise. I'm finding it quite frustrating. Particularly when trying to get a decent snare sound. See what you can do.

I know - I hate FileFactory, but I can't find any other hosts that will take >50MB files for free!

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Just a word of advice about the drumtrack. Yes - there's only one track. I'm using Drums on Demand, but don't have the multitrack version. That will obviously limit what you can mix drum wise. I'm finding it quite frustrating. Particularly when trying to get a decent snare sound. See what you can do.
I have some tricks that I use. I used to ask drummers for a stereo track because I was a newbie at mixing drums. I am downloading it now.

Yep 38 tracks. Will listen first thing tomorrow morning Matt - just need to get to bed. Bit jolly on beer after watching the All Blacks beat the Wallabies in the rugby.

Great Song!!!

Yeah!! Great song MattNZ
And here is my mix:

I hope you like it.
Tell me what do you think about it.:D

Last edited:
I don't know what he thinks, but I can see why you won Nicole's mix contest. You have a great set of ears, man. My hat is off to you.

As for me, I lost the tracks because my damn external harddrive had a hiccup AGAIN. I thought it was because of an service pack 3 issue the last time it happened, but now I suspect it's just going to shit. I am going to try to download this again tomorrow, straight to my harddrive and bypass the external. If I can't for any reason, count me out. Basically, if I don't post here, it means that I couldn't play, so please carry on without me.

I don't know what he thinks, but I can see why you won Nicole's mix contest. You have a great set of ears, man. My hat is off to you.

Thanks Rokket, I try to do my best.

BTW I updated the link because there were some things that I missed.

Great work guys!

I'm gonna check these out on my stereo when I get home tonight and give you some feedback, but they're both sounding pretty lush!

I'd love to hear some more attempts!

Back