Beatles - Come Together

- great job on the vocals, this is a HARD song to sing. I like your version of it...

- the guitars are pretty cool what are you playing/amping through?

- the drums sound a little buried/verby at times and could use some definition in spots. I noticed it especially on the toms. Cymbals sound okay...

- I take it this is a live take? Pretty tight man! :D

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you.

I'm on an Epi Les Paul through a Line 6. I just ran it straight into my computer from the Phone Out of the amp.

Drums are always the worst part of my songs. I paid $350 for 5 pieces, hats, a crash, and a ride. New. So imagine how good they sound raw.

Not live, I did each track myself, one on top of the other. It sounds not very tight/together/precise, but I usually get close enough then just get lazy.

If your aim was for the mix to sound "period correct" then you did very well. Your cheap drums do a very good job of mimicing Ringo's kit. The vox are have more presence than a lead vox would have in 1965, but that is pretty nitpicky.

Very good job.

If your aim was for the mix to sound "period correct" then you did very well. Your cheap drums do a very good job of mimicing Ringo's kit. The vox are have more presence than a lead vox would have in 1965, but that is pretty nitpicky.

Very good job.

I wouldn't say the mix is "period correct" but that's not to say this version was bad.

As far as the drums go, if you want that "ringo" (Geoff Emeric) sound you need to put a towel over the floor tom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Kyf9wjZc4

Dude, sounds straight outta the early 70s:D
Now get this, I think I actually like your version better than the Beatles:eek:

Mike

Thanks for everyone's input! I think I've got more positive reviews on this song from my friends, family, and this website than any other song i've done

Pretty cool. I'm not a big fan of the Beatles or this song, but I like your version. Very raunchy.

The drums are very "mono". Is that intentional?

The drums are very "mono". Is that intentional?

Yes and no. I had a good panning system set up, but when I connected my new monitors I threw my whole loop in a mess and all my recordings only go into the left channel... just the way my mixer is I guess. So I've gotta cut the Left channel and paste it to stereo.

It sucks because I can't pan anything, but I've opened up so many more frequencies with these new monitors that I'll sacrifice it. Maybe I'll work on getting around this problem later, but I'm content with it right now :D

Back