Angry, Insecure, Confused

Meshuggah

Another 1.5h song. took about an hour this time, inculding finding cool samples...

This time it's Kevin Spacey and Tom Cruise on vocals.

When people use movie/voice samples, i usually only like them when they are done with taste and in a way that fits the song and compliments the song and becomes part of the song......

you have done this.....:)

btw, its way too short...i see it coming down at the end then all at once starting up with some blistering guitar leads over the rhythm guitar......so get to work....:D

MIKE

When ya gonna lay some vox down for real man,you scared?...Just kidding.Very cool song! :D gonna make a nice intro to something...you know what ADD an HAADD are right?Who was I talkin about again?...Did I just...?Do you smell that...?

cool.. very loud mix.. almost too loud for such a mellow piece.. very cool though.. biggest complaint, ended too soon..

B.SABBATH said:
cool.. very loud mix.. almost too loud for such a mellow piece.. very cool though.. biggest complaint, ended too soon..

ya know...I had the EXACT same post already typed out..but sabb hit "send" first.. so...I thought I'd quote him, let him take the creative writing credit, and I'll just agree 100% with what he said.

didn't recognize tom cruise however... I actually like his movies alot

That was cool!
The samples were mixed perfectly.

I see you like stereo delay too,I just started using it on everything,especially acoustic.
Really sweetens the guitar sound.

Nice sounding nylon,sounds really good.

This was an awsome mix,really fine work.

Thanks for sharing it,
Pete

Hey.. thanks to all of you for listening.

I agree that it turned out a bit too loud.. AND a bit too short.. I have a big problem with songwriting. I can also be a bit inpatient.

I'm really glad you think the samples were good, cause that what took most time adjusting.

Muzeman: Yeah. Stereo delay is an old time favourite here.
I like that guitar a lot, but I'm afraid it's taken away from me to be repaired now :(

Oh.. if anyone's interested. The samples are from American Beauty (Kevin Spacey's character describing his daughter as angry, insecure and confused) and Vanilla Sky (Tom Cruise's character saying "I wanna live a real life, I don't wanna dream any longer")

Thx again for listening.

Well......................that's ..................................just..............

.........................................................great!

Now I've got to buy a damned sampler.

Amazing! Nice taste , thats exactly the kind of stuff im into these dayz. Hell if I lived in Sweden I would ask you to rec/mix my stuff

Back