What are good vintage emulation PT PLugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm not very plug-in savvy, not at all actually, but recently I came across these <piracy link removed by moderator> plugins. I, am a huge fan of recordings with older flare, and I'm wondering if anybody knows of some good tried and tested plugins for PT that I could add to my hopefully soon to be large artillery of bootlegged "vintage" plugins.

Thanks,
Rene

Last edited by a moderator:
I, am a huge fan of recordings with older flare,

plugins for PT

most of the "flare" you speak of was captured with good musicians in good rooms with good instruments picked up with proper microphones going into great boards and other gear. All levels being set and tracked by an engineer who knows what he is doing.

The fact that you like older recording says somthing about you ear (a good thing). The first thing I would do if i were you is to find the albums you think are great and find out who was in charge of turning the knobs, then go see if there are any interview you can read or watch.

here is a good one.
http://www.recordproduction.com/mike-fraser-video2.html

I love the belief that plugins or vintage emulating plugins will make everything better. It wont and the sooner you realise it the quick you can quit scouring torrent sites etc and start making music with what you have at hand.

I used to think all the plugins in the world would make my music more magical and sound better. Truth is, they don't! Learning a craft makes you sound better! I'm happily learning ;)

That wasn't nice... But it was pretty hillarious.

Anyway, alarm bells go off when "vintage" and "emulation/plugin" appear together. That is the opposite of what you want to do. Don't use plugins or emulation. Don't excessively edit. Don't use 100 tracks.

Do use the best musicians you can find.

OK, seriously people. Excuse me, because I'm about to vent a little bit:

If you don't have an answer for my question, don't give me an answer to a different question. My request was not "OHHH PLEASE HELP ME, HOW TO I FIND A VINTAGE SOUND, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO" but rather "What are good vintage emu PT plugins". Although your answers do have a lot of sence to them, they do not answer my question.

The reason I am venting is because this happens to me, and other people way too often on this message board, usually I have to read though a whole bunch of stuff I already know to get a few direct answers.

Thank you to everyone who gave me something, and to those who didn't, please don't take this the wrong way, just kinda frustrated. Your answers are right, just not for my question.

you're asking about illegal software on a site that has many people who rely on said software to make a living..

so dont take this the wrong way but shut the f*ck up...

The reason I am venting is because this happens to me, and other people way too often on this message board, usually I have to read though a whole bunch of stuff I already know to get a few direct answers.

There's some truth to your point but different people answer questions differently and some like to give more info than was requested or a more rounded picture. It's usually to help the questioner arrive at a more balanced perspective. They don't have to.
Incidentally, you didn't do yourself any favours at the start by saying
I'm wondering if anybody knows of some good tried and tested plugins for PT that I could add to my hopefully soon to be large artillery of bootlegged "vintage" plugins.
so your indignation is likely to net you the opposite of what you were originally looking for. It's one thing to bend the established principles of recording in order to try and get different sounds. It's another thing altogether to flout integrity if 'bootlegged' here means what I think it does.

Well, is there any better way to try out a product than to get a bootleg of it? Those who go on to have semi pro/ pro, studios usually have the integrity to buy the stuff anyways, don't they? I'm pretty sure every DAW using human being has used bootlegged software at one point, and I have yet to. If you don't want to post something constructive, please don't.

thanks for the mature response grimtraveller

1. dont tell people what to post...its not your decision

2. if you havent used bootlegged software dont...there are more than enough cheap and free examples that people here will be more than happy to point you towards and help you with...likely you'll just end up donwloading stuff you wont use or will never learn to properly

3. if you are suspected of using pirated software chances are you will receive no help from anyone and could end up with a ban

hope this is constructive and helps you...please save your faux indignation as it bothers no one :)

Well, is there any better way to try out a product than to get a bootleg of it?

Yes. the free, limited time demos that virtually all plugin manufacturers provide to anyone who wants to try them

1) they are legal and specifically there so you can try before you buy
2) since they aren't hacked they are stable and don't make your system buggy
3) you don't have to go to virus infested torrent sites to get them
4) you won't get beaten to sh!t on these forums for being a software thief

Well, is there any better way to try out a product than to get a bootleg of it? Those who go on to have semi pro/ pro, studios usually have the integrity to buy the stuff anyways, don't they? I'm pretty sure every DAW using human being has used bootlegged software at one point, and I have yet to. If you don't want to post something constructive, please don't.

thanks for the mature response grimtraveller

This thread has been closed due to violation of the TOS regarding piracy. Please read the TOS here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/misc.php?do=showrules

And more details on the piracy policy here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=277521

Further violations of this policy will result in you being banned from this BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back