What is the best surface for a monitor to sit on?

mnich

Should an enclosure just sit flush against, say a wood desk top or shelf? Or is it be better to add a soft pad to isolate it from the surface?

I have KRK ST6s & Polk Audio Monitor 30's

thanks

I put my speakers on cement wall caps, that are about 1 1/2" x 8" x 16" and are made for on top of cement walls. I put a folded sheet of paper towel between the speaker and the cement.

The cement totally isolates the speaker from whatever it's resting on.

i use a half cinder block to rise them up, and the auralex mopads... nothing's better. the cinder block also helps to isolate them even further...
plus it looks all grungy and cool. haha

I'm curious as to the theory behind the cinder blocks/ cement, as I would have thought a dense product would be conductive, rather than isolate the speakers?

I'm not challenging, just asking?

I'm curious as to the theory behind the cinder blocks/ cement, as I would have thought a dense product would be conductive, rather than isolate the speakers?

I'm not challenging, just asking?

Mass. Although not sure if the ones sitting on desks are massive enough. Once I get the new house (which has been dragging on for months... ARGH!) and actually build out the studio there, I am gonna build some stands to put them on.

Back