Plug & Mix - FREE plugin of your choice

I already have a couple I like there. Went for the Trans Control. I use Transient Monster all the time, so no harm in trying another version. :)

Thanks for the heads up AR! I'll post how I like it.

Kinda sucks you have to download the whole package to get one, but oh well. I have plenty of drive space. It will make it easy to demo the others tho. Ah, I see their game now. lol

I've gone for the California Tone. It wants me to download all of the VST's though rather than the single one. That's a bit shite! 600Mb - My broadband is turd already!

I'm digging the California Tone too so far. Nice little Amp sim.

I'm tracking some guitar this afternoon so I might just use it!

Things that interested me were:
- Loud Bass (my concerns are that it's just a simple eq curve boosting bass which will chew up head room, vs. for example waves' MaxxBass)
- Monster Boost (maybe something like the SoundToys Decapitator? Which I have, but maybe less cpu?)
- The Eventide based Reverb!
- The Analoger (my concerns are that I probably already have enough saturation plugins, but when is it too many?)
- The Clarisonix (see my concerns for Loud Bass - just a simple sub bass eq for dummies?)
- The Brightness plug (see my concerns for Loud Bass and Clarisonix - just a simple eq shelf for dummies?)

Oh the options. Oh well it's free, but I don't want to waste it on getting one, when another could be light years better/more useful! haha

^^ @ RecordingMaster,

If you haven't done so, you should definitely download the demo's and try them out! Either way, you have to download the demo in order to activate it so you might as well try them out. I'd have to agree with you on the brightness plugin, it's probably just like fancier One knob type of plugin haha but then again I don't want to judge it since I didn't try that specific one myself yet.

If you have a girlfriend or a wife with a facebook, you might as well pick up a second plugin ;)

Holy crap! I didn't think of that! What a fool I am. I shall proceed with my wife's account as well! But yes, a demo of each is in order! I'lll get the one I like best, demo the rest and download my other fav and purchase the rest that I like. Give business the the littler guys!!!

^^ @ RecordingMaster,

If you haven't done so, you should definitely download the demo's and try them out! Either way, you have to download the demo in order to activate it so you might as well try them out. I'd have to agree with you on the brightness plugin, it's probably just like fancier One knob type of plugin haha but then again I don't want to judge it since I didn't try that specific one myself yet.

If you have a girlfriend or a wife with a facebook, you might as well pick up a second plugin ;)

Now that is just cheating... Then you would also have two different accounts, under two different email addresses. You would compound the 'lie' when trying to figure out which one you got the legitimate download from, when you decide to purchase more plugs.

When will the lie ever end?......

LOL! It isn't like they are expensive. If something is worth something to you, then .. .. well, it is worth something right?

Just sayin'...

Now that is just cheating... Then you would also have two different accounts, under two different email addresses. You would compound the 'lie' when trying to figure out which one you got the legitimate download from, when you decide to purchase more plugs.

When will the lie ever end?......

LOL! It isn't like they are expensive. If something is worth something to you, then .. .. well, it is worth something right?

Just sayin'...

Quoted from the site:
"It's totally FREE and we're only asking for a "Like" on Facebook in exchange. That all !"

I totally get what your saying, but they're asking for a "like" and in return a "plugin". If something is worth value to me, I'd pay. :) which is why I've spent a lot of money on plugins in the past, but in this case they're asking for likes. Even then, my girlfriend actually works with me in a few albums, so really.. I guess you can say it's still fair!

Things that interested me were:
- Loud Bass (my concerns are that it's just a simple eq curve boosting bass which will chew up head room, vs. for example waves' MaxxBass)
- Monster Boost (maybe something like the SoundToys Decapitator? Which I have, but maybe less cpu?)
- The Eventide based Reverb!
- The Analoger (my concerns are that I probably already have enough saturation plugins, but when is it too many?)
- The Clarisonix (see my concerns for Loud Bass - just a simple sub bass eq for dummies?)
- The Brightness plug (see my concerns for Loud Bass and Clarisonix - just a simple eq shelf for dummies?)

Oh the options. Oh well it's free, but I don't want to waste it on getting one, when another could be light years better/more useful! haha

Seems like you were right about Clarisonix, taking a closer look with a spectrum analyzer, it looks like a simple plain high shelf for the clarity knob and a low end boost with sort of a bell shaped curve, nothing out of the ordinary.

I did the FB like and share, downloaded the whole batch but never saw anything that said I would have full version of one.

You had to enter an email address on the next page to get the info to download and your serial number.

Ah, that's the problem - that page never loaded. Maybe the offer is over?

You have to set your "likes" to public inside facebook.

Go to your own timeline and click on your likes box, edit, then go to the bottom where it says other pages you like, and make sure those are public. Then just redo the steps and it should work! (Try un-liking the Plug & Mix page before re-doing the steps if you have to)

Back