Ozone 2 Released

dachay2tnr

One Hit Wonder
Just got an e-mail that Ozone 2 has been released. They are offering it (download version) for $149 to owners of Vinyl. That seems like a pretty damn good price for this.

BTW, Vinyl is a free plug-in, so I assume you can just go download it, register it, and you would qualify for the special price.

Personally I prefer the Waves plugins, but for those who aren't ready to spend the money for Waves, this is not at all a bad alternative for the price.

http://www.izotope.com

I have read alot about this being a resource hog. Since I am in need of a processor upgrade already (400mhz P2) is this plugin going to suck me dry like a cheap whore, or should I upgrade the processor first????

It seems like a fair price for the features

Yes, it probably will suck you dry. I'd upgrade the processor first - I'm not even sure if you'd be able to use more than 2 or 3 features at once on a 24 bit 2 track mixdown. I was in the same boat (433mhz POS) until recently - my work generously sent a new 1.8ghz Nimitz home with me :) ...now I'm back in the ballgame.

I believe it is somewhat of a hog - but it has something like 6 plugins in one, so that's probably the reason.

IMO this program is mainly designed to be used strictly on the mixed stereo wave file (i.e., as a mastering tool). Therefore you would only be running one instance of it. If you tried to use multiple instances of it in a multi-tracking program you will probably run into problems. Otherwise you're probably OK.

Even so, for the price, pick it up now, even if you have to wait a bit until you upgrade your system to use it.

Oh boy,just picked it up last night!:cool: :eek: It sure is a cpu hog,I ran it on a project that was at 35% and it shot up to 75% on my PIII 933.
But you can shut off modules and use only the ones you want.Also they have a guide for optimising cpu.
Awhile back when Ozone first came out it was offered at $99,I totally brushed it off because I'd never heard about it and my plate was full at the time.It turns out that was'nt such a bad deal as the upgrade is $49 and that would bring me right about to where I'm at now.
I did go for the cd though.

I went for it too. The $149 deal was just too much to pass up! And it seems they have really addressed some of the biggest complaints of version 1, i.e. lots of presets, dithering control, and making the "analog modeling" disable-able.
I love thier GUI. A huge "wow" factor for clients that is almost worth the price alone! :D

Aaron
http://www.voodoovibe.com

Back