My band's debut album is finally out!

Myriad_Rocker

Well, I didn't know where to put this. Seems this forum's structure has changed since I've been here...and it hasn't even been that long. Last week sometime, I think.

Anyway, our own ZBert contributed to this album and this forum definitely helped me along the way in learning recording techniques and provided some general encouragement (as well as discouragement). But I finally made it and the CD is out.

I haven't whored my band on here that I can really remember but now that our debut album is finally out, I'm going to take the opportunity to show it off like a new baby.

If you generally like rock music, you might dig our stuff. For a sample of what's on the album, visit our MySpace. Sound quality on MySpace generally sucks because of their conversion but ah well. Hope you guys enjoy.

Later!
MR (Brandon)

EDIT: Um, I think that, after looking, this may belong in the MP3 clinic but I'm not entirely sure. I was so used to the old format of the forum and I could scroll by memory and click on sub-forums without even thinking about it. This new format has thrown me a curve ball!

Listening now...

Sounds great man! This is something to be proud of--whore away! :D

(I'm more than just a little jealous...)

Man this is good stuff. The myspace player sound sucks, but the tunes are really good. How was it recorded? I hurried through the post so I might have missed it. I did notice the cymbals have a nice separation.

Man this is good stuff. The myspace player sound sucks, but the tunes are really good. How was it recorded? I hurried through the post so I might have missed it. I did notice the cymbals have a nice separation.
Well, that's a short question with a very large response. ;)

Summary:
Vocals were done with a Bock 151 through a Great River.

Guitars were either a Gibson Les Paul, PRS Custom 22, or Fender Tele into a treasure trove of different amps. At one point, I think we had 12 different amps in the room. All of them tube. Soldano, Mesa, Fender, Vox, Peavey, Marshall, etc. Most of them were through a Mesa 4x12 Recto cab mic'd with an i5 then into the Great River. Some of it was a 2x12 with greenbacks mic'd up with an e609s. But that was pretty limited.

Bass was DI through the Great River but then sent through the Ampeg SVT modeler.

Drums were mic'd up with an i5 on snare, D112 on kick, 4033 outside the kick, D6 on 1 floor tom, d4 on 2nd floor tom, d2's on rack toms, SM7 on bottom of snare, NT5's as a spaced pair for overs. THEN, I negated all of that by triggering everything (including cymbals) with BFD using the Glamoflauge QuickPak by Platinum Samples and blending with the ever so lovely Steven Slate Drums via Drumagog.

For plugs, I used a slew of free things, built in things, etc. My dynamics and EQ stuff came from the API bundle from Waves after auditioning their SSL and API stuff...finally settling on the API stuff because I thought it sounded more natural.

I mixed through Event ASP8's in a passably treated room. Mastering was done at a mastering facility through Weiss stuff and a mountain of other things I don't know the name of...mostly analog stuff I'll never be able to afford to even touch.

There go you. The quick and dirty.

Back