Monitors

Monsterhead

I have these i burnt up the amp and wireless. if i amped them you think they'd be a decent near field monitor? dont care if thier wireless. they wont let me post a link since im new
Acoustic-Research-AW-871-Wireless-Speakers

I am also open to building some monitors. I have a bunch of speakers (home,bookshelf, powered sub w/ IO, center, surround, 10" jvc) in boxes that i could use. Good and bad ones,
Ways to power: Harmon Kardon Receiver, bass amp head, the powered sub,

How do I achieve a flat sounding monitor?
I will also have a home stereo monitoring system.

I have tools materials speakers and no cash, but i believe i have good enough stuff to make some decent monitors

The easiest way to achieve a flat (or as close as possible) response is to spend the money.

You said you have no cash, and I understand. I've been there and done that. Hell, I'm still doing it.

Home built monitors are better than no monitors, but a relatively inexpensive set of entry level monitors will beat a home build any day of the week in terms of response.

Given that you actually asked this question, you probably don't have enough knowledge to build a good set yourself - I know I wouldn't.

What I did: I had equity in other toys. I sold one of them, and plopped the cash down on the counter and picked up a set of monitors. $500 can get you a set of "good enough" monitors that will fit your needs.

That's my advice.

Back