Discuss my mix

Stelios

Hi guys..
This is one of my first attemps at mixing.
I found a song named Blink182-all the things in multitrack mode
and i tried to mix it.
I think that i have done a pretty good job..But i want some other
opinions..In order to improve my mix..and to place it to my portfolio for
my future studio jobs..Thanks!Every word is much more appreciate..
Consider that the mix has been done with my headphones..

.dropbox.com/u/5512010/Blink-All%20the%20things%28Mix2%29.wav

Hi Stelios

Sounds very bright and raspy to me with quite weak vocals and drums, but I know nothing !

Am listening on KRK VXT4s so i guess I'm missing some bass as well. Which is something I could do with discussing.

I agree with Jon that it does have a very "Bright" feel. The vocals could be stronger, seems like there is an excess of reverb on them. I think the guitar is a little to far forward in the mix. This pushes the vocals it little to far back. But for a starting mix, you have done pretty well. Kudos.

sounds like there is A LOT of reverb on the voice, I'm pretty sure the original was fairly dry, and it the vocals are pretty weak in the chorus. Along with, atleast for the first part, there is a very annoying "ting", I can't really make out if it's the high hat or ride, Right when the first "na na's" (<< lol ) begin. It shows up a few other places in the song if you listen carefully.

there is a very annoying "ting", I can't really make out if it's the high hat or ride

Good catch Capt. I heard that too but wasn't really sure what I was hearing. Part of me thinks it might even be the guitar. But yeah, if that can be cleared out it would be good as it is very distracting...

Back