Best Free EQ VST

Honestly, they're all essentially the same and serve essentially the same purpose; especially if you're just doing it as a hobby.
My favorite "free" EQs are just the ones that come bundled with the program. None of them are really too weighted down by extra bells and whistles.

I don't think all EQs are the same. They have different tonal qualities. They have different features.

Reaper's EQ plugin is free. It's called reaeq. You can probably google it. It's my favorite free VST EQ.

All eq's are not the same by any means. There are quality ones that actually give ability to add quality to tone by boosting. Believe me, the stock Cubase Eq's IMO, are almost worthless for anything but cutting frequencies while keeping any type of good sound. I had no Idea this was true, until I heard the PSP Audioware demos. Noble Q is my favorite. :D

All eq's are not the same by any means. There are quality ones that actually give ability to add quality to tone by boosting. Believe me, the stock Cubase Eq's IMO, are almost worthless for anything but cutting frequencies while keeping any type of good sound. I had no Idea this was true, until I heard the PSP Audioware demos. Noble Q is my favorite. :D

Haha, I guess I shouldn't have said there's no difference...
I was trying to point out that for a hobbyist, especially if you're just starting, you probably won't notice much of a difference between the different EQ's.
If you're just starting, I'd suggest not getting one with a visualizer... When I first started out, I relied on what I could see as opposed to what I could hear. Now that I've been studying this for around three years, I've learned better than that. :spank:
Personally, I've never had the cash to buy a nice one, nor the patience to sort through all the free ones... So maybe I'll find a different one I like better on your thread here. =]

Honestly, they're all essentially the same and serve essentially the same purpose; especially if you're just doing it as a hobby.
My favorite "free" EQs are just the ones that come bundled with the program. None of them are really too weighted down by extra bells and whistles.
Yeah EQ is EQ, but the way that the plug-in handles the Q makes for different sounding EQs. EQs with less knobs give different sound to more precise EQ like REQ, and the ease of use is also a great factor in choosing an EQ to suit you.

Voxengo have some good EQs for free if I can remember right.

G

They are exactly the same, if I switch back and forth, I can hear the sounds, they teach the difference on the track.

Back