Anyone want some mixing practice?

Here's what I'd like to see...:D

1. FamousBeagle starts a new thread in the Mixing/Mastering forum called "Mix Challenge... Put Up or Shut Up!" with links to the tracks. He includes the text, "Think you know a lot about mixing? Prove it." Participants post their mixes. No judges, just comments from participants and listeners.

2. After all participants are done, a new thread is started in the Mixing/Mastering forum called "Mastering Challenge... Put Up or Shut Up!" with links to the finished mixes. Included is the text, "Think you know a lot about mastering? Prove it." Participants post their mastered files. No judges, just...

Of course I'm just thinking out loud. I don't expect this to actually happen.:D But given the quality I've heard from Beagle's previous recordings it would be interesting...

Son of a *%^$&#^!

The CD that I burned the wav files to isn't loading. I know I checked it on my laptop right after I burned it, and it was fine. But now I've tried it on 4 different drives, and it's not being recognized.

Anyone have experience with a good repair kit that works well?

I am going to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pissed if I've lost everything. Hours and hours and hours of work!

Sorry man, i'm not too technically minded so can't help sort out you problems with.

If you do manage to get it working I'd be interested in giving it a mix too.

Good Luck

Update!

Ok, well ... Regarding my post two above about the damaged disc, yes the disc was damaged, and I've failed to be able to repair it. Apparently, somehow, the drive in my wife's computer became a disc-killer and destroyed any disc that was played in it. I ate probably 5 or 6 discs before we discovered what the problem was.

Anyway, moving on.

If anyone is still interested in this, the project has changed a bit, but I'd still love anyone's help.

Because of the damaged disc with the individual tracks, all I have to work from is a very rough stereo mix that I had done after most of the tracking had been completed, just to let the other band members hear how things were progressing. There are no lead vocals here (only a very quiet scratch vocal track that's barely audible), but most of the instrumetation is there. (The lead vocals were done, but this rough mix was made before that.) If anyone wants to hear vocals on the tune, they can check out the acoustic version of this song. This full-band version sounds quite different, as you'll hear!

I'd like to salvage what I've got and finish the recording by adding the vocals and maybe overdubbing another guitar part or two on the last verse/chorus.

The rough mix is really not that bad. The biggest problem is mostly with the bass. It's very loud and boomy right now (to me). I'm hoping someone can help this out with some EQ/compression/whatever.

Anyone up for it? Here's the track in question: "feeling tired in progress."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=328768&songID=8750197

If someone is interested, I can either snail mail a CD with the full wav file or use a file-transfer site or something.

Thanks!

I think you uploaded just a single file. Don't we need all the invidual tracks to be able to mix it? You should probably zip them and upload that.

Please re-read my post a few back titled "update." I explain the reasoning for that. This isn't a standard mixing job anymore.

Maybe I should have started a new thread .... hmmmm

Back