Any one had experience with Mackie CFX mixers?

Godsguitarist

Has anyone had any experience with Mackie's CFX series mixers that could please share praise, put down, or whatever your experience may have produced? Thanks in advance. I'm considering these mixers for primarily PA use, incase anyone's wondering. Thanks again!!

Brandon

These mixers are excellent in the area of "Live" applications with it's own built in efx. However,be forewarned that the CFX series preamps are not the same one's used in the VLZ
series. CFX preamps are low-grade.

Ok, cool. Yeah, I don't plan on doing a whole lot of, if any, recording with it. Not any serious recording, anyways. We'll probably go to a studio for that when we get ready. Thanks for your input!! If anyone else has anything to say about these, whether it's just hearsay or whatever, I urge you to post it if you feel like it. All comments are welcome because I just want to get some more views on these mixers, or any other suggestions as well. Thanks to everyone!!

Brandon

Ok, cool. I don't plan on doing any serious recording on it, anyways. Do you, or anyone else, think that since we are going to be doing a little bit of recording that it would make more sense to get a VLZ Pro since the cost barrier is not that much different? Plus, I really like the rack mounting capabilities of the VLZ's because we will have most things rackmounted anyways, so it would be kind of cool and, if nothing else, convienient to rackmount our mixer. I welcome all comments about these mixers or any other suggestions of other mixers, keep in mind it will be mainly for live use, though. Thanks to everyone!!

Brandon

Back