Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: New song Love bites

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Sign in to disable this ad
    No reflection on the reverb only an echo tailing out the long notes as an effect in two spots. Its not a perfect mix. I think its hard to tame that bass track because you have 4 guitars and the bass pumping 1/8 notes at the same time with kick and snare in there too. So its very crowded between 100-400hz lots of masking going on. I agree solid 1/8 note bass track really needs to be consistent. There is also a problem known as "one note bass" where the bass disappears then comes back too loud. Waves makes a plugin called Bass Rider that works great in helping tame that problem. My license for it expired Sorry.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    281686
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pavlonis View Post
    No reflection on the reverb only an echo tailing out the long notes as an effect in two spots. Its not a perfect mix. I think its hard to tame that bass track because you have 4 guitars and the bass pumping 1/8 notes at the same time with kick and snare in there too. So its very crowded between 100-400hz lots of masking going on. I agree solid 1/8 note bass track really needs to be consistent. There is also a problem known as "one note bass" where the bass disappears then comes back too loud. Waves makes a plugin called Bass Rider that works great in helping tame that problem. My license for it expired Sorry.
    Hi.

    I am definitive gonna check out your tip on Waves Bass Rider. Iv always been a bit disappointed in the diff compressors/gate/limiters regarding bass.
    Maybe this will do the trick. Anybody else got any experience with this plug-ins..?

    -einar-

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    I will give it a try

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    499740
    Quote Originally Posted by seeking View Post
    Hi.

    I am definitive gonna check out your tip on Waves Bass Rider. Iv always been a bit disappointed in the diff compressors/gate/limiters regarding bass.
    Maybe this will do the trick. Anybody else got any experience with this plug-ins..?-einar-
    Yes. I have it. I didn’t use it on this song though. It is a good plugin and does work well on keeping bass under control.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    First i start with apologize beacuase i started by the build up thats (the main thing and for the sake of time) If you want the complete version i can do that later. I hope u will enjoy and afcourse let me know what you think..

    Dropbox - LoveBites.wav

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    159
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    499740
    playing around with it now. Dropbox - Love Bites .wav

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    281686

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Toastedgoat View Post
    Yes. I have it. I didn’t use it on this song though. It is a good plugin and does work well on keeping bass under control.
    Thanks, i will buy it. its only 29 bucks.

    -einar-

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    281686
    Quote Originally Posted by bone_thug View Post
    First i start with apologize beacuase i started by the build up thats (the main thing and for the sake of time) If you want the complete version i can do that later. I hope u will enjoy and afcourse let me know what you think..

    Dropbox - LoveBites.wav
    Hi.
    Thanks

    The voice is really nice except around 1.35 where there are some pitch oddness. As everybody else, there are some low freq problem with the bass/kick.
    Looking forward to next version.

    best
    -eianr-
    Last edited by seeking; 1 Day Ago at 02:19.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Norway, Kristiansand
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Rep Power
    281686
    Quote Originally Posted by bone_thug View Post
    First i start with apologize beacuase i started by the build up thats (the main thing and for the sake of time) If you want the complete version i can do that later. I hope u will enjoy and afcourse let me know what you think..

    Dropbox - LoveBites.wav
    Hi.

    Its a really really nice mix on the voice. Can u share with us what u did with it...? what plug-ins, setting etc.....

    Thanks
    -einar-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Song done completely on DP24 (I Love To Love You)
    By SteveAlton in forum TASCAM User Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 17:54
  2. Get down ( new song 2012 ) love song please look!!
    By mrman2912 in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 15:17
  3. New love song 2012, first ever song i wrote and sang :-)
    By mrman2912 in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 15:30
  4. New original song - slow love song - You and I
    By rickidoo in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 13:07
  5. This Is not a Love Song
    By gummblefish in forum MP3 Mixing Clinic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 08:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •