Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Audio issues on YouTube mp4 upload

Thanks

Audio issues on YouTube mp4 upload

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi people. I'm trying to upload mp4 file on my YouTube channel, but every time a have issues (something like audio distortion) but only when I playback video on my smartphone (ie when it is on mono playback). When I put my headphones and play in stereo, everything is ok. Also, I can describe to you my workflow... I use Cubase and all instrument tracks are vst which I do not bounce as wave files but doing mix and mastering with instrument tracks. I keep everything in one project (mix + mastering), so I put some plugins on master track and also Ozone 8 with Maximizer. Trying to set loudness about - 13 Lufs and also check aac codec imact on my track. My cubase project is 96khz, 24 bit but I export it as wave file with 48khz, 24 bit. After that, I import audio in Premiere Pro (together with my After Effects video animation) and export everything as mp4 file (h.264 format), 1080p, HD, with maximum render quality. After I upload mp4 on YouTube, I have audio problems as I have already described abowe. Not know what to do... Any idea? Anybody? Thanks in advance! Bests 😎

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMusic1980 View Post
    Hi people. I'm trying to upload mp4 file on my YouTube channel, but every time a have issues (something like audio distortion) but only when I playback video on my smartphone (ie when it is on mono playback). When I put my headphones and play in stereo, everything is ok. Also, I can describe to you my workflow... I use Cubase and all instrument tracks are vst which I do not bounce as wave files but doing mix and mastering with instrument tracks. I keep everything in one project (mix + mastering), so I put some plugins on master track and also Ozone 8 with Maximizer. Trying to set loudness about - 13 Lufs and also check aac codec imact on my track. My cubase project is 96khz, 24 bit but I export it as wave file with 48khz, 24 bit. After that, I import audio in Premiere Pro (together with my After Effects video animation) and export everything as mp4 file (h.264 format), 1080p, HD, with maximum render quality. After I upload mp4 on YouTube, I have audio problems as I have already described abowe. Not know what to do... Any idea? Anybody? Thanks in advance! Bests ��

get a new telephone ?
    playback in stereo on your phone not in mono ? not all stereo techniques are mono compatible.

Thanks
    When you are mixing, check the mix in mono. When you are mastering, check the master in mono before finalizing it. If you want the audio top play nice in mono, it needs to be at least mixed with mono in mind.

CJ
    Online Audio Mastering - Online Mastering & Mixing Studio
    Audio Production Blog - Tips & Techniques Explained In Simple Terms

Thanks
    Thanks, I will try to solve this issue by mixing and mastering in mono (Ozone has this option). I will let you know. Bests

Thanks
    Hey people, I took my mix and put on every channel stereo imager and analyser and reduced all track to sit within phase. I also check stereo on master track. This was not cause of my issue... Any other ideas? Also, I'm not sure if my smartphone is stereo or mono (Huawei Mate 20 Lite) but the point is that sound on my smartphone is bad, not for all audio, but just for my mix on youtube. Thanks

Thanks
    Can you share the problem file so we can all test and experiment to see if we can track it down.

Thanks
    Sorry, I'm new here so I'm still not alowed to put any links... It seems I have to write a little more messages

Thanks
    Still not allowed...

Thanks
    Not being able to analyze the audio, we can only guess. I think with 5 posts you could post a link - I'd suggest the original audio (48kHz WAV).

The usual suspects might be some low frequency content that is frizzing your puny phone speaker that's not showing up in the integrated LUFS, or some inter-sample clipping, though, again, just guessing. For YT, I generally shoot for -14dBFS with no peaks over -0.5, or even -1.0. I do usually bounce to 16-bit as well.
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMusic1980 View Post
    Still not allowed...
    Just type out the 'abcde456abc' link from the youtube video here. I think you need 10 posts to post a link.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thread Information