Tunecore

A friend (very successful in Hawaiian music) suggested Tunecore and I've had an album with them for the last few years. No great profit but enough to keep it there.

One time set up fee, flat rate per year. For me it's been fine with no monkey business.

They tell you where your sales are and it's always weird to see that someone in Luxembourg bought one.

The more I research, it's looking like CD Baby is the better deal. It's initially cheaper, and there's no re-upping fees. Yeah they keep 9% of each sale, but after one year, I'd have to sell a shitload extra to cover Tunecore's annual fee. I suppose if you are popular and can outsell your renewal each year, Tunecore might be a better deal since you keep 100% of your sales. I don't plan on selling many albums. :laughings:

Yes , CD Baby is good too. I have two albums with them, and no problem with them either.

Yeah, I've had multiple albums put up on iTunes and other stores through Tunecore. It can take while for it to get up on the stores, but it works really well. For the past 2 years I've been using it, it has been great.

Yeah, from my research, CD Baby is better! They do a lot more of the digital services that tunecore has always provided.

What does that do for him?? Serious question. :)

well, if his choice is between any two given things, one of which will benefit me in any way, however small that is, i'm going to suggest he go with that option.

if he has no preference between the two, what difference does it make?

Back