Article Writers wanted - Make some money!

recedo

Hi,

I am working on a new site for musicians to sell their music as digital downloads, http://www.notsounknown.co.uk. On the site there will be an articles section where I want lots of articles for unsigned musicians (production, marketing, song writing, gig tips and so on). I am on the lookout for article writers that would be interested in writing for us (original articles). In return we will pay for the articles, they will also contain a short bio about you and a link to your site/email.

We are not sure exactly what we will be paying for articles yet, but if you have some experience and might be interested, please let me know (give some examples of your writing if possible) and we can discuss it further.

Thanks in advance guys
Simon

I like writing AND money, so count me in. Let me know how I can get in touch with you to discuss it further.

Thanks,
Peter

If you drop me an email through my profile I'll get back to you. Let me know what sort of subjects you would be best suited to.

Thanks Peter

I didn't get an email notification (or missed it), but I have read it now and I'll email you regarding this.

I could write you one about 101 things to do to insure failure. I don't know what it takes to make it big but i do know a lot of things which will definately prevent it.

Hi all,

I have not been getting email notifications about this thread so I have missed some of your posts until now, sorry about that.

David, I'll check out your feed, thanks. I will have dificulty integrating it with the site though due to the templates system that my software uses, do you know of any javascript rss readers? I can't seem to find a decent one.

Dani, if you are prepared to do that one free of charge (links back to your website/'about the author' section too) I'd be happy to put it on the site. No, really, it sounds quite funny to me. I know you were probably joking when you said it but I think it would be cool!

I've had a few PM's from people and it looks like I should be able to get some good articles for the site. We will probably be working on a length-dependent pay scale, so the longer the article the more we pay.

We are also looking for reviewers if anyone is interested in this, we will not be paying for this but you will get a 'about the author' style area at the bottom of each review and obviously you get the music free of charge. Let me know if anyone's interested in this too.

Simon

I was considering the 101 things not to do thing in a sort of light hearted way, but on the serious side of it...over 40 years of playing and almost as many bands has allowed me to make practically every mistake concievable (the ones I didn't make, I was a first hand witness to.) Even though I do not have a degree in failure, experience should count for something. If you want to keep it on the light side I'd be happy to condense my list and do a "Letterman" top ten list or something like that, some of the biggest mistakes any of us can make are pretty funny, now that I think about it from that angle.

I probably would be interested in this opportunity. I am an instrumentalist. I have been recording, composing and playing in bands of all kinds as well as played solo piano through-out the US since about 1965. I've had the pleasure and fortune of performing for celebrities distinguished statesman, Senators and Governors alike. I may have something to contribute to this cause. There is a cause. Isn't there?

My name is Peter Brown A.K.A. BMWerks. (Brownstonemusicwerks, Inc.) The subjects I might be interested in writing about are; (1) Recording, mixing and mastering techniques, CD label design, graphics and music composition techniques.
(2) [Attitude/behavioral and subjective reasoning toward the use of musical tools, it's technology and instruments for the purpose of ego vs. artistic/aesthetic contributions]

I've always been a musician. Not a sportsman. Not a politician or clergyman. Today, music composition and all related and subsequent documentation (recording/mixing/mastering) is a hobby. Not a means to any type of end but for pure fun, pleasure, relaxation and self gratification. It's no longer my "responsibility" to "chase" and/or otherwise give service to the record companies. IE., corporate fat boys. I'm at the end of no corporate leash. For our music to retain any kind of dignity, we must stop relying on the false promises of record Co. execs. I hate carrots anymore.

These things I can write about in sufficient length.

I love my music tools, instruments and all the things I do with them. But most of all, I love using them to make music.

Back