Aight the remix comp - all the info is HERE

Abyyss

that's life
Aight here are the rules for the collabo comp:

1. You can remix as a pair or on ya' own (ie. if ya' remixed it and added another verse that someone else did that'd be 2 people, but you could also both remix the beat together)

2. You MUST listen to and comment on both tracks (you'll never know how much effort everyone put in).

3. You can remix either one of the tracks or both of them. Or if you wanted to be clever you could mix the vocals of the two tracks together to make one track and thus be entered for both the team 1 remix and team 2 remix.

4. There are no prizes. So don't expect any. This is a show of talent and some healthy competition only.

5. There will be a winner for the best remix of team 1 and the best remix of team 2.

6. The voting will be done as a poll, which anyone can vote on. If you are not participating please vote on both remixes.

7. If you are competing you can only vote on the best remix for the remix you didn't do (this is called fair play) If you have done a remix of both or mixed both vocals into one tracks as in in idea above so are in both competitions you cannot vote! (ie. if you remixed team 1's track you cannot vote on the best in team 1 remixes, only the best team 2 one. If you did a team 1 and a team 2 remix then you can't vote at all).

8. ANYONE can take part.

9. If you want to receive a critique of your track post a new thread but make sure you've hit me up with the link(s) first so I can add it to this thread/the relative thread.

10. You need to post here if you are interested in doing a remix so we can see how many we are getting (only person this might not apply to is jugalo because he is leaving soon but he's already dropped his remix for us). Note: even people on the teams that want/are/have done remixe(s) still need to say so here. If you are working in a pair you need to say who you are working with. If you are wokring in a pair only one of the pair needs to say that they are entering here, just make sure you mention both names.

11. There are no time limits yet but if things need to get a move on we may add one but I would like to stay clear from that.

12. Sampling is allowed and it might be cool if you sampled from the original tracks though you don't have to.

13. If say you have a few phrases from team 1's track in a remix for team 2 then you wouldn't qualify for both remixes - just the team 2 one - don't try to get way with things like that - if you say it is of both but we feel that it only really covers one song then it will just cover that one.

The acappella for team 1's track will be up very soon and team 2's track is nearing completion so the acapella for that shouldn't be too far away.

Oh yeah - and you can do screwed versions as remixes if you want (coz I know that's the only remixes that flossyboy does - and we want as many people in as possible).

With that said - lets see if we can get the whole forum united for this competition. It's like a massive forum collaboration of a big forum collaboration!

Cha's gonna post the acapella to team 1's track next time he gets on I believe and team 2's acapella will be ready after the track is dropped (not long now - just waiting for nick to send his verse then flossy can mix it up proper-like).

Here's who we got so far:

(red = remix not done, green = remix done.

Team 1 Remix:

Jugalo180
Soundboy
Hi_D_Ho_Man + Jb4Play
Chalin27 + guest (unknown)

Team 2 Remix:

Soundboy

Peeps interested but we don't know which they wanna do:

YKW

I'm probably gonna do a remix but I wanna do it as a collab wit stray so I need word back.

LAZI said:
I'm down to do both... Where do I sign...

Just on the dotted line:

Sign here to sign your soul away: ..........................................

(From now on all money and proceeds belonging to this soul are property of Abyyss)

Yo cha, looks like hot sounds ain't on dmusic anymore.

You can't direct link on downloads - that's why it wouldn't show the page, but going to hotsounds.dmusic.com just redirects you to dmusic.

TRANSLATION...

I'm trying to get the down low on the download of the deal...

TRANLATION...

Maybe I missed something... Where can I download the acapella cuz that link did work for me?

Well no one seems to be able to get the ac coz it appears that cha's site is down. No one can get on. I might have to hit him up.

Maybe I could persuade one of them to send me the accapella so I can put it on my soundclick site for ya'll.

Yo hi/cha - one of ya'll send me the acapella, do it as a .rar and split it up. Then I'll put it up for everyone.

Update time!

(red = remix not done, green = remix done.)

Team 1 Remix:

Jugalo180
Soundboy + guest (unknown)
Hi_D_Ho_Man + Jb4Play
Chalin27 + Perception
Lazi

Team 2 Remix:

Soundboy + guest (unknown)
Lazi

Peeps interested but we don't know which they wanna do:

YKW

It also looks like bknot is interested (by asking about acapellas - just an assumption though) - if you are then holla.

Yo stray I still need ta know if ya down. Hit me up.

yeah i got them...and i did a remix for it..hopefully its to u alls standard cause the song is hella hot...and i dont wont to let u guys down..

i need to find a better way to covert mp3 2 wav cause i can tell it messed up the accapella..

Back