Where to buy Tascam US1800???

Hey all,

I'm not sure if this should be in the Free Ads for Music/Recording Equipment section but I figured it might get more traffic here and can always be moved.

I've been looking at getting a 1800 for a little while mainly because I have bundles of room to 'grow' with it. Problem is I can't find it for less then $449 in Melbourne :(

I have considered buying it from the US on ebay or whatever but the last time I bought something from the US it needed a step down transformer so I could even turn it on without it blowing up!!

Soooo the question I have is, does anyone know of a place in Australia(Melbourne preferably) where I can but it cheaper?

I'd be more then happy to buy a beer or two for any help :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I see them for around $300 in the US. If you bought one here, can you buy an AC adaptor for it down there??

Oh!! B&H has it for $225USD.

Just emailed my buddy in Australia, about how he bought his 1800. Think he had one shipped from US for cheaper.

I'll let ya know when I hear back. :)

I think the adapter idea will work.

Here are the specs:
TASCAM PS-1225L
Input : 100-240V~, 1.0A MAX
50-60HZ
Output: +12V --- 2.5A
Output Power: 30W Max

I think the adapter idea will work.

Here are the specs:
TASCAM PS-1225L
Input : 100-240V~, 1.0A MAX
50-60HZ
Output: +12V --- 2.5A
Output Power: 30W Max

And that would cover your needs?? I'd be willing to help you out. Any idea about import tax and such?? I'm clueless about international shipping, though I do it often...

Do you know how to make a 240v splitter down to two separate 120v?

That only works when you have 2 x 120v globes and 240 supply, wire the globes (120v) in series and you can run them on 240v, we used to do this with par 64 cans with 120v globes to lower the amps.

Alan.

That sucks man! But at least you didn't have to sell it @ a loss, it to fix your car. Think positive. You may find a used one now. :)

Hey
I ordered my US 1800 from the States and im living in Perth, a friend of mine who's an electrician said i shouldn't need a transformer or anything, so i just bought a universal adapter (so the power box could fit into our aus sockets) and plugged it in and till this day it's working fine!

Ray

Back