video editing

kmarvinmusic

I'm wanting to do some basic music video work. I've heard good things about MOVIEMAKER 2.1. Any insight here? Thanks much.

It's not packed with features, it's interface seems kinda dumb to me, but it's free and it works. As long as what you're doing is fairly straightforward, it should work out pretty well for you.

Get Adobe Premiere Elements. It is Premiere Pro's little brother and blows its competition out of the water in terms of editing capabilities and overall bang for the buck.

I have also used Pinnacle Studio and Sony's low end version of Vegas. Both are limited when compared to PrEl. Pinnacle is extremely buggy.

I've got Sony Vegas 5.0, which works really well, but the video interface has a bit of a learning curve. And it's $500.00.... It was given to me, so I really can't complain about the price. Come to think of it, the guy that gave it to me did it because he got Adobe Premier Pro....

I have had good luck with Ulead products such as VideoStudio.
I would stay away from Pinnacle Studio since I had purchased versions 7 and 8,
and both were buggy crap when it came time for rendering.
Moviemaker is crap. I only use it to merge downloaded wmv files.

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 for pictures, and love it.
I think I will also check out Premier Elements for myself.

Vectron said:
I have had good luck with Ulead products such as VideoStudio.
I would stay away from Pinnacle Studio since I had purchased versions 7 and 8,
and both were buggy crap when it came time for rendering.
Moviemaker is crap. I only use it to merge downloaded wmv files.

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 for pictures, and love it.
I think I will also check out Premier Elements for myself.
I've seen some of the videos this guy that bought Premier Pro has produced. Really good quality. It would be worth it.
I wonder if you can download a demo. I'm going to check it out, too.

Vegas 5.0 is where it's at. Although SOME of the real advanced video effects/etc. is a bit hard to work with in the program - all the basics and more I found to be pretty easy to learn. There is also a VERY active Video forum on the Vegas support site - those guys will help you with any problems you encounter.

brzilian said:
Premiere Elements is only $99. There is a trial dload available on the Adobe website.
Thanks, I'm going to check it out and compare it to Vegas. I've been on the Vegas site after my friend gave me this program, and I use it mostly for the unlimited audio tracks. It's got some really great directX effects already there, too. I wish I had my pc set up for surround, I'd like to mess with that...

Rokket said:
Thanks, I'm going to check it out and compare it to Vegas. I've been on the Vegas site after my friend gave me this program, and I use it mostly for the unlimited audio tracks. It's got some really great directX effects already there, too. I wish I had my pc set up for surround, I'd like to mess with that...

If you have Vegas, then it's a no brainer. Vegas is the top of the line ACID,
but with video. So you can kill two birds with one stone.

I just picked up Sony's Vegas Movie Studio+DVD at BestBuy for $99.

After burning nothing but coasters with several other apps, the VegasMovieStudio (it included DVD Architect) whipped out a DVD from the same raw mpeg file with zero problems.

Good Stuff....

Back