Sound quality, plug in (Help)

kasperat

Hello i am using an akai eie pro audi interface, and usually use sampled orchestral libraries (eastwest) along with kontakt 5 piano plugin (the giant) I am still having issues with the sound. I know from other people that they have actually accomplished a very organic and beautiful sound form the sampled libraries. I however are struggling. To me it sounds a bit like plastic, and i am wondering if my sound card can be the issue? I heard that as long as it is midi, the interface shouldn't matter. Does anyone have experience with vst libraries that can give me some tips on how to improve the sound? I know it is possible :)

Another quick question. Do you guys recommend a DI box or preamp for recording DI guitar? :guitar:

Have a great day! :)

The giant really is not a good realistic piano sampler - it's an effect really - an extra sound set, However, it's pretty good sounding for something a bit weird. I doubt it's the interface, or the samples. What is it like on decent headphones? This would set your monitor system to one side. What you could do for belts and braces is post a sample - 30 seconds maybe and let us listen on our systems?

View attachment onrushing waves sample.mp3View attachment Anotherday30sec.mp3

I am not sure if i am doing this correctly :)

Uploaded 2 samples. I want to state that the songs are still under proccess but you should get an idea of the sound. -

I am using good studio headphones, but i do not have a lot of knowledge in sound engineering. It might be a mixing problem rather than the actual sound of the sample library.
Thanks for the quick reply :)

What piano plugins would you recommend for more natural sound? On a budget.

What I hear is everything competing for the same sonic area - some EQing on certain tracks and judicious panning - it seems like many of the tracks are panned wide. Hard to actually hear anything in particular this way.

Back