Motu Ultralite works fine with G5/Logic 7?

Ferry123

Hi there,

Just bought Logic 7 Pro for my Mac G5 (OSX 10.4 Tiger) and now I'm wondering what soundcard will cover my needs in recording.

I do not necessarily need to record several tracks simulteneously (though I like to have the possibility). Here's what I plan to record: guitar, bass and vocals. I use drum samples.

Question now: how about the Motu Ultralite for a soundcard? I heard some people say it really works fine with the Mac and Logic 7. Does anyone have experience with this combination of devices/software?

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
Ferry123 said:
Question now: how about the Motu Ultralite for a soundcard? I heard some people say it really works fine with the Mac and Logic 7. Does anyone have experience with this combination of devices/software?

Since it's a new interface, probably not many people do yet. That said, MOTU has been doing Mac hardware and software since... well, since the dawn of all things Mac, give or take a couple years. MOTU Performer was one of the first MIDI apps on the Mac platform. The day they make a piece of hardware that doesn't work well on the Mac is the day I install Windows. :D

Ferry123 said:
Hi there,

Question : how about the Motu Ultralite for a soundcard? I heard some people say it really works fine with the Mac and Logic 7. Does anyone have experience with this combination of devices/software?

Can anyone give me some good advice????

Back