help me select a new portastudio

_brian_

i'm looking to buy a portastudio type digital recorder that is small & around £150. I thought the boss micro br looked pretty good but don't want to buy something on impulse. It will be used mainly as a song sketchpad my old tascam porta is pretty worn out & want to go digital, but i really don't know much about this market.

I need to have 4 tracks for recording (virtual tracks would be good)

A inbuilt microphone would be great as i can quickly sit the instrument down & record any source

Quick and easy operation for when ideas are flowing

battery operated

Instrument i/p would be good

mic i/p would be good

removable storage

usb connection to a pc for mixdown

if any of you lads could shine light on the products on offer that are around my price range that would be great, i know tascam & zoom have product out.

cheers:D

Olympus LS-10 Linear PCM Recorder

are you want to record on the stage or anywhere you flow?
i recommend a smart recorder to you ,you can carry it in most place,and support extra-long recording.
Product Features
Uncompressed 24 bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording capability, to capture the rich sound quality of music performances.
Can record 14 hours on two AA batteries.
The LS-10 can play back the high-quality audio it records and play it back on its built-in stereo speakers with vibrancy and clarity.
The LS-10 has two gigabytes of internal flash memory to capture lengthy recordings.
WAV, MP3 and WMA recording and playback
It also features an SD/SDHC removable media card slot to further expand its capacity
how do you think about it?:):),if you are interest it ,you can check it online.
http://www.dealstudio.com/searchdeals.php?type=id&q=d6182&ru=2860003

thanks for all your help lads, i'll know were to come for help next time :rolleyes:

I just bought a ZOOM R16. 8 input portable recorder that can run on batteries. It records to a SD card as well. Two channels have phantom power. It might be more than you are looking for, but it's incredibly light and has two on board mics for quick captures.
It does run $399 US, tho.

Worth every penny as it also serves as a USB interface and a control surface for DAW.:cool:

Back