Help. Audio Glitches MOTU 828MK2 fw

Vadim

I had M-Audio Delta 1010LT, (still have it, but not using it) but its midi is kinda messed up, Midi going from cubase to Motif-es was out of sync sometimes.. couldn't fix it no metter what I did....

that's why I got MOTU 828MKII Firewire. (using it through Texas Instruments FireWire adapter)

Every 5 minutes or so a short loud pop/squeak, and at that time the timing kinda stops and midi gets out of time for about 2 seconds than the project keeps on playing normally.. and the cycle repeats.

also noticed that every now and than, (not at the same time when audio glitches) the cursor changes into that "pc working" icon, and stays for about 4 seconds....

(btw, I have windows xp optimized as much as possible for audio, including the 3GB switch) using MOTU ASIO.

my set up: WinXP pro sp2 / Intel E4400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz / 2.00 GB RAM / HD: 75GB, 75GB, 500GB, ext. 200GB(for backup etc..)/ ASUS P5L-VM mobo (intel935g chipset)

-Cubase 4.5.2
-MOTU 828MkII, Presonus Central Station w/remote,
Presonus DP Preamp, Yamaha NS-10M,Behringer B2031A, AKG K240 Studio, Rode NT1-A, Shure SM7b

thanks for a quick response.

I don't think it's a virus, the pc isn't connected to the internet, i even disabled ethernet (and other unnecessary services).
Also I re-installed windows XP last week. but I'll run a scan.

Every piece of software and drivers you install (and NOT just from the net) can install nasties and viruses.
(I worked at a business software company that started getting nasty calls from customers threatening to burn our company down; it turned out that our 'outsourcer' disk duplicator in India was contaminating all our installer disks.)

Don't get the idea that cutting off your PC from the 'Net can protect it....

Well, something else is running in the background and is doing something nasty. Gone through a virus check lately?

Try this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Run it and leave it running in the background capturing log data, then when you get your glitch, examine the logs.

I ran the process monitor, and still running it.
I can't really tell if there is any virus activity there, or any activity tied with the glitches.
mostly there are these Process Names: lsass.EXE, winlogon.exe, Explorer.exe, cubase5.exe, svchost.exe

the only thing got me alittle curious was the Explorer.EXE, path "C:\........Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat", I went in that folder, the folder is completely empty..

I just did a small test: installed my old M-audio 1010LT, and there are no more glitches.. so it's definately something with MOTU drivers or the Unit.

Back