does anyone here use Itunes

X man Da Legend

New School Boom Bap
sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I didnt know where else it would fit

I downloaded several songs from I tunes for sampling purposes and I want to convert those files to mp3 but I cannot figure out how. Theres an option in itunes to do so but it says it wont allow me to convert protected music to mp3 or wav and the files wont work in any other piece of software i have. the file format is m4p please help!

There used to be a loophole that would allow you to convert DRM protected MP4s into MP3s, but apparently they have closed it. If you're purchaing rom the iTunes store you are agreeing to allow certain restrictions to be placed on the items you buy. These include anything that violates the copyright agreement, which includes sampling.

Perhaps if you can get a hold of an earlier version of the software you can get around this, but with the current version you're out of luck.

burn your tune to a CD (mp3s are converted to wav files) and then re-import it as an MP3. It is a bit lossy but it works !

Dr_simon said:
burn your tune to a CD (mp3s are converted to wav files) and then re-import it as an MP3. It is a bit lossy but it works !

You should probably re-rip to AAC since it's the same format and in theory should degrade the sound less. Or AIFF/WAV if you don't care about the file size and want the maximum quality.

Back