Digital Performer. HELP PLEASE!

jaybriggs84

I packed up and loaded all my stuff up to band practice, set everything up, and when we were ready to record...CRASH.

Everything records okay usually, but I had to switch the Conductor track to 3/4, and when the click was set to the conductor track, everytime it tried to record Digital Performer crashed. It usually records fine when the tempo isn't set from the conductor track

How do I solve this?
Can I have the click in 3/4 without having to use the Conductor track?

jaybriggs84 said:
I packed up and loaded all my stuff up to band practice, set everything up, and when we were ready to record...CRASH.

Everything records okay usually, but I had to switch the Conductor track to 3/4, and when the click was set to the conductor track, everytime it tried to record Digital Performer crashed. It usually records fine when the tempo isn't set from the conductor track

How do I solve this?
Can I have the click in 3/4 without having to use the Conductor track?

That's a new one on me. Your best bet for help would be the Unicornation board, though it seems to be down at the moment. Are you running with the latest updates for your particular DP version? Latest Mac OS X update?

Yeah, I have the UB update to 5.1 installed. It really makes me wanna find a different program, or sell my Macbook Pro and get a PC laptop, which I really don't wanna do.

I'd kinda like to try pro tools, but I'm using a firepod.

I didn't realize that there was a 5.11 update after the 5.1. I downloaded that and installed it and it seems to have fixed the problem so far. I'll have to do somemore testing to see for sure.

jaybriggs84 said:
I didn't realize that there was a 5.11 update after the 5.1. I downloaded that and installed it and it seems to have fixed the problem so far. I'll have to do somemore testing to see for sure.

Considering that 5.1 was the first version that ran on the Intel machines, it's not at all surprising that there were a few bugs. Actually, if that's the worst problem you're having, that's pretty amazing given that until 5.1, DP never ran on a little endian processor in its entire existence. :D

Back