Anyone want to mix?

kdoggity

Hey guys. I have four clean tracks recorded, and was wondering if anyone had the time (or desire) to mix 'em.

Sure, I'll give em a try. What genre is your music? Send me a PM (private message) and I'll send you my address. Click on the PM button at the bottom of this post to send a message.

DD

kdoggity,

why don't you have different people mix see how different they come out?

not really a competition, but see different approached and ears.

just a thought I had

can you post the tracks online? I'll try also.

larry

I have space, but you will have to find a way to email them to me. If you break the 4 tracks into smaller sections I can peice the sections back together and post the 4 re-assembled tracks on the web. Not sure if its possible but let me know if you want to try.

anyone got some webspace where we could post these up?

I just got back in town, I tried e-mailing kdog. He might not be online. But as soon as I get them I will post them on my site. He's going to transfer them via AIM.

larry

well i got the wavs. Can I send my finished product to somebody? haha..

I say we rollw thi 256kbps mp3...or higher if you guys want..

But my AIM is "thelbigs" in the meantime.

NOTE: as of 11:55pm EST these are uploading, do not try downloading these for approx. 1 hour, your downloads will be incomplete. They should be complete by 1:00am EST 3/8/04. I was not going to wait to post the links until they were complete, I'm going to sleep. :) :)

Let me know if there's any problems. I'll check first thing in the morning to see and fix it.

Here's the Files, I probably could convert them to MP3, if anyone wants. I renamed them for ease of upload and download.

The song title is Welcome to Tomorrow.

BgdGui.wav = Background Guitar
BgdVoc.wav = Background Vocals
guitar1.wav = Main Guitar track
Vocals.wav = Main Vocal Track

www.gatorhaus.com/wav/BgdGui.wav

www.gatorhaus.com/wav/BgdVoc.wav

www.gatorhaus.com/wav/guitar1.wav

www.gatorhaus.com/wav/Vocals.wav

larry

Playing with it a little bit for fun. I kinda dig it. Some of the levels are a bit low but it's clean. So far threw in some multi tap delays on the guitars. They're really small taps but enough to give it a little more space. Did some reverbs on the vocals and edited in more of the female background vocal part at the end. Might play with it some more tomorrow and have something up in a couple days that might be worth listening to...

hey all,

I really appreciate everyone's involvement. I'm excited to hear what you guys come up with.

I've already received some finished products from shackrock and strryder, and have been very impressed.

Thanks again guys.

- Kirk

I'm grabbing the tracks now. I really wish more people would do this kind of thing. I bet there's plenty of people out there with the equipment to mix but no real tracking facilities or the musicianship to get tracks to tape.

Alec

Back