Wollensak T1515

leddy

I have been given this item. Looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Wollens...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I hate to just toss it. It's a stereo, tube recorder that runs 7.5 ips. If running up to spec, it mights sound decent. This one is ROUGH though. It will need some TLC.

I have little interest in messing with it. It's missing the power cable, though I don't think that's a big deal. A new one could easily be jury-rigged.

Would this mean anything to anyone here? I am willing to give it away, I just don't even know if it's worth the time and cost of shipping it.

Opinions?

I just acquired one of these. It's built like a tank and seems to be one of the last of the hi quality American tape recorders. I have yet to test it thoroughly. I'll get back to you when I have.

oh my GOD we had those in HIGH SCHOOL by the dozen as well as the mono and 2 track versions.

Yes, built like a tank and with new tubes (just remember like with any vintage tube gear you have
to go in and tweak the bias once you put in new tubes or else it'll fry later) and sounds FABULOUS.

We regularly ran the auditorium's two blond-wooded enormous chest high (for high schoolers)
Voice of the Theatre Altec speakers and had NO PROBLEM filling the house with just the reel amps.

Only if you're a Fat Guy like 90% of the rest of us Engineer-Dorks/Gearheads or else musicians that haven't got much sun lately

Back