Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats the difference between a analog tape deck converters Vs DAC and ADC converters?

Thanks

whats the difference between a analog tape deck converters Vs DAC and ADC converters?

Sign in to disable this ad
    whats the difference between a analog tape deck converters Vs DAC and ADC converters?

They both are pitch to voltage converters so whats the difference?

Why are the ADAT converters different than regular DAC or ADC converters like moto or apogee?

The ADAT storage analog signals but encoded digital onto the tape storage so the converters are different but how and why?

If i run my audio to a ADAT 8 track and just use the ADAT converters and come out "lightpipe" its analog with digital encoding its different than what a moto or apogee D/A or A/D converters do u know what i mean kiwi?

Analog tape decks before the signal reaches the tape head its be processed from pitch audio analog to voltage level signals so there is converters inside tape decks

A digital D/A or A/D converter is the same thing its pitch audio analog to voltage levels whats the differenece?

ADAT's are a different tech. design its audio signals but stored with digital encoding like back in the days with keyboard tape recorders in a way

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by walters
    do u know what i mean kiwi?
    I don't even think you know what you mean.

Who's "kiwi"?

All I can tell you is stay away from analog. It will turn your soul into a magnetic flux field.

Wait a minute.

I think that already happened.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Yes Walters, you always ask the questions we all wonder about.

Thanks

They both are pitch to voltage converters so whats the difference?

Why are the ADAT converters different than regular DAC or ADC converters like moto or apogee?

The ADAT storage analog signals but encoded digital onto the tape storage so the converters are different but how and why?

If i run my audio to a ADAT 8 track and just use the ADAT converters and come out "lightpipe" its analog with digital encoding its different than what a moto or apogee D/A or A/D converters do u know what i mean kiwi?

Analog tape decks before the signal reaches the tape head its be processed from pitch audio analog to voltage level signals so there is converters inside tape decks

A digital D/A or A/D converter is the same thing its pitch audio analog to voltage levels whats the differenece?

ADAT's are a different tech. design its audio signals but stored with digital encoding like back in the days with keyboard tape recorders in a way

Yeah, walters is autistic, or retarded, sure he is!
    Interesting AND informative.

Thanks
    Hey walters...do you like nachos? I like nachos. Let's go have some nachos. They are real good.
    Honey Badger is badass...he don't give a shit.

Beck Guest
    I’m glad you asked. I just happened to have my Akai GX opened ‘cause my vintage EMI reel-to-reel release of Fergie’s “London Bridge” just suddenly stopped… and right in the middle of my groove.

So I took the back off to check the converters, but all I see is my capstan motor driver stopped, dead in its tracks… like it just quit; poor little fella.

So, anyway, it wasn’t the converters. Thank heavens, ‘cause I wouldn’t know were the heck to get replacement converters for an analog deck. I’m getting a new capstan driver locally at PetSmart to save a little on shipping. Ain’t no thang.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capstan-jpg  

Thanks
    Cool! This guy has a rep power of 12, while mine is 0. Oh, my shame. I'll just stick to stuff I can handle, like wiping my little kids' butts, and leave the technical stuff to him. It's nothing I would understand.

Otto

Thanks
    Whats a block diagram for a tape deck then

input-preamp-eq- ?? pitch to voltage levels--then to tape head

The tape stores the analog voltage levels onto the tape

Help clear this up for me im confuzzued about this

Before the tape head the input of the tape head is getting different voltage level values from frequencys and pitches right??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of FM
    I don't even think you know what you mean.

Who's "kiwi"?

All I can tell you is stay away from analog. It will turn your soul into a magnetic flux field.

Wait a minute.

I think that already happened.

Cheers!
    Oi! There's only one kiwi around here!!!

Thanks
    I tried to ignore this thread, honest.

Thread Information