Teac A3440 price slump....

evm1024

Looks like the price of A-3440 are down to the $300 range on e-Bay. Good time to buy, bad time to sell.

I am getting one ready to put up on eBay but I think that I will wait a while before listing it.

In general I think that the 3440 represents a great value in 4 track decks. Enough tracks to do a fair sized choir any yet still enough track width for a good signal to noise ratio and with noise reduction added on top even better.

This unit has good heads and is mechanically sound. I'll be calibrating it as time allows over the next week or two. Right now I am making some mahogany side panels for it. This time I am staining them a dark red. Some of the shiny aluminum pieces will become brushed aluminum due to a few nicks and scratches.

I'm not really pimping this deck to you guys (at least I think that I am not). It is just that I've always been fond of this model and once it is gone I will be without one for the first time in years.

-Ethan

OK so it is off to eBay

Been sick for a few days which gave me time to get this a3440 ready for eBay. Actually it is quite a nice deck and I've always been fond of a3440. They sound very nice and are workhorses. I've put on some dark red satined mahagony side panels and replaced the belt as well as a calibration. Should be my last A3440 unless one drops into my lap. So many other projects.

So hard to get the copy right for eBay. This is the first time that I've tossed in the Phat word...But the wording is key. Take a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=110086732010&rd=1&rd=1

I was going to sell my Carver m1.0t power amp. I had it hooked up to the deck playing some Bach Organ music through a pair of Dalhquest 905s. But I keep thinking that the Carver and Dahlquist make a nice studio monitor pair (not for mixing/mastering but for general listening). So I can't bring myself to sell it just yet.

regards, Ethan

Oh yea, Let's see if this breaks the ebay a3440 price slump....

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 105
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 100
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 91
Hmmm... I'm going to check out a locally listed 3440 this weekend. I have preferred to find the nearby ones to avoid the horrors of shipping. I don't NEED it, but then when did that ever matter.
Anyway, indications are that I can get it for less than $150, maybe less, with tapes and ?? included. This SOUNDS like a great deal, but it could be a POS.
Yours looks nice!!!!

couold be very nice

$150 and local pickup is a good deal. And if the deck is in OK condition could be very nice. They are easy to work on and "fix up". Let me know if you need manuals.

-E

evm1024 said:

I think it should... that is beautiful! :)

I know some have had bad shipping experiences. My TSR-8 was shipped from the West Coast to Illinois without any problems. Large/heavy items are shipped all the time without incident. You just have to get someone that will pack with care. Ethan is obviously aware of these issues.

Back