Which Tascam recorders have ACCESSORY 2 port ?

fgonza2

Hi,

I am trying to find which Tascam recorders have accessory 2 port in the back. This is what i know so far:

-TSR8
-MSR16
-MSR24

any others that you may remember ?

it can use either ACC2 or ACC1. But yes if a port is already in use by other device, the answer is no. is that what you mean ?

it can use either ACC2 or ACC1. But yes if a port is already in use by other device, the answer is no. is that what you mean ?

Well, I was wondering if it had some kind of passthrough (obviously using both at once would do 'interesting' things), but that works too.

To be honest, I'm most interested in the spooling mode which I believe you mentioned, most of the rest of it is overkill for me.
However, a timecode-based auto-punchin would also be useful - I believe TASPUNCH could do this, I don't know whether that was part of your designs or not. The auto-punchin has an annoying tendency to slip and one based on absolute coordinates would result in less damage to adjacent recordings when I'm doing lots of retakes.

However, the way I'm working at the moment is to use the TSR-8 for takes, and then copy them to the MSR-24 which I use for mixing. As a result, both machines are using the serial link to allow them to be synced for the copy. An unorthodox way of working, but it saves wear on the MSR-24.

In this case it will work too, as you could use the accessory port 1 to enable spool and keep your accessory 2 connected to a midiizer or an ats100. As long as you don't operate both at the same time, but they can coexist and remain connected. I wonder how taspunch worked for the SMPTE sync. Was it also needed to connect track 8 to the computer ?

The built in auto punch in has a resolution of 1 second which is pretty low, I could get to 1/12th of a second, not sure if that will be good enough

I checked. ATR-80 connector is simply labeled "accessory". a large Elco style connector. Im going to have to get the manual out and see what all is going on there....

I cant scan at home. Remember you are conversing with someone who hangs out (as much as possible) in an analog world :cool: The single concession, is this computer, to allow this form of communication. So, I wont be able to scan it until after the first.

I think what you want is on letter size sheets. One sheet with the pinout vrs function and the other showing input and or output buffer schematics.

Back