TASCAM Meter Bridge

M1Fanatic

Digital whaaa?
I have an M-1516 console that I'd like to add a meter bridge to. Preferably an analog bridge. I have never cared much for LED's to meter with.

This console never had an option for a meter bridge, but I don't see why any meter bridge with the correct gozinto's and gozouta's wouldn't work.

Any recommendations or any plans that you know of for a DIY project?

I have an M-1516 console that I'd like to add a meter bridge to. Preferably an analog bridge. I have never cared much for LED's to meter with.

This console never had an option for a meter bridge, but I don't see why any meter bridge with the correct gozinto's and gozouta's wouldn't work.

Any recommendations or any plans that you know of for a DIY project?

Look for either the TEAC MB-20 or MU-20. 4 channels of metering & monitoring (should you want it) in each unit. 4 of them will allow you to meter each of the direct outs on your console. Another advantage is that they are the most accurate meters TEAC/TASCAM ever produced as they are not frequency weighted like the ones on their board and tape machines. Their input sensitivity is switchable from -20/-10/-2/+4. Even has a headphone out. All other connections are on rca jacks.

Back