Tascam M1508 mixer

DESSERT DWELLER

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if the know anything about the Tascam M1508 mixer. I am looking for a mixer to use with my TSR-8 reel to reel.

How does this compare in quality and features with the M308 and the M30 mixers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I think in terms of build quality and features, the M308 would be the best built and best sounding of the bunch though, it would also be the largest sized mixer too. So, if space is an issue, you might want to choose the M1508 instead as it is about the same width as the M30 but deeper front to back.

The M1508 would also be newer in terms of release date and the M30 being the oldest of the three.

I have never heard an M1508 personally but, I have spoken with a few people who owned them and they have concurred with me that the M300 series would be the superior mixer, sonicly and functionally.

Cheers! :)

I love my M1508. I don't use it much anymore because I have gone to recording on my Mac, but it has all the features you will need, except one. There is no Phantom Supply, so use with Condenser microphones will be a bit problematic.

I have a 1508 also and the 312 I cant tell you about sonics cause my hearing isnt the greatest anymore but it is a nice mixer with alot of features that are handy. I dont think you will be disapointed in the 1508. It has alot of monitoring options and plenty of effects sends. And I really like the way you can choose between direct channel output and buss output. Plus all patching can be done on top with out getting to the back of the mixer. And its real portable and light to carry. Newer and the electronics would last a little longer. If you do need to work on a channel card its easy to pull the cards.
But you will have to get a outboard phantom supply 50 bucks maybe. I bought the ART unit with the power supply for 2 mics and it works real well or you can use a 9 volt battery with it.

Back